Labour

suzzi

Reaction score
I was wondering for those of us who have had babies before how your labour was eg how quick/slow if the second was better/worse etc

my first i was in labour from 1am till 1.41 pm when ds arrived at 9lb

my second i had slight twingers from 11am but nothing bad or in any pattern these stopped then started again at tea time, i went to hospital at 7.30pm thinking i was a few centimeters dilated in fact i was 8cm and dd came at 8.30pm weighing 7lb

now im on my 3rd and am hoping its going to be even quicker!

My first was just under 6 hours, on gas and air, no stitches. My little man weighed 7lb 14.5ozs so im hoping second time around for the same sort of labour (maybe abit quicker) and ill be happy :) x x

I like hearing these quick easy labour stories :)

y 1st was horrendous started having contractions in the morning were painful but coped until the afternoon then called the midwife out thinking i was a few centimetres and was infact 9 and a half!!!! so thought yay this is gna b easy got to the hospital had my waters broken for me got in the pool for a couple of hours was in a lot of pain by then so got out and had pethedine still hadnt got to 1o so was put on a drip to speed things up the whole time was having really intense contractions 2 mins apart and this lasted 15 hours after getting to hospital when he was finally born weighing 8lbs 9!! really hoping its easier this time

First was 12 hours 8lbs 1ozs

Second 10 hours 8lbs 14ozs

Third was 4 hours 20 minutes 8lbs

I was in labour for 6 hours with Isabelle waters broke about 6.30pm and she was born at 00:15am on her due date weighing 8lb 2oz she is my first hopefully if we have another one it will be as quick!

6 hours 1st baby, horrible labour
54mins 2nd baby, was only painful right before giving birth!

13 hrs from waters breaking with 1st 7lb6oz 5days before due date
7 hrs from waters breaking with 2nd 7lb5oz 3 days before due date

Im hoping this one will be quicker but opting for the epidural this time as 2nd was back to back and unbearable pain..

im envious of all the easy labours :(

My first labour .. ugh well I was only eight hours in established labour . But I was three days getting to that point I was 2 cms on the Saturday and by Wednesday they had given me pictocin and broken my water to establish me . This time I want to stay at home as long as possible, have baths , light candles, blast some music and do my thing in peace until Im ready for hospital . xx

quick question does walking around and gravity really help??

quick question does walking around and gravity really help??
Massively I think , if you can be mobile at all do it . And a birthing ball is amazing for pain relief , having a bounce or a rock during a contraction really took the edge of for me . The only downside to walking is the possibility of wearing yourself out before you are ready to push . But I never really got into bed until they gave me the drip , I spent my time sort of leaning over it dancing around during contractions the nurses siad it would help move her down the birth canal .

I was 3 and half hours with my little boy. He is my first. I would say moving around would definitely help. I found standing up or an all fours helped with contractions. xx

thats great will defo stay on my feet as long as i can x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back