'L' driving thread IM BACK

Whooo 5 of us learning to drive!! :cheer:

How are you getting on Jo?

MorganUK Im sure you will love it. Dont be affraid to change instructors if you dont like them. I hates my first one he was a bit pervy :puke:

LilysMummy said:
Whooo 5 of us learning to drive!! :cheer:

MorganUK Im sure you will love it. Dont be affraid to change instructors if you dont like them. I hates my first one he was a bit pervy :puke:

Thanks hun and good luck with yours to :hug:

Maybe we should have a driving thread in general :think:

Lilysmummy you have been driving a while now havent you?

I'm a learner too, I stupidly did a test when I was 37 weeks pregnant then again when Rudy was 5 weeks old, failed them both. I've just been drving in MIL car, with her in it, since then so now I'm really confident at driving so crap with all the test stuff like reversing around a corner and mirrors. I've booked another test for the 22nd Jan and I'm dreading it, I think I'll be so much more nervous after failing twice already. I need to start actual lessons again in the new year to brush up on manouvres and all that stuf. Does anyone else do everything in their power to aoid having to change gear, I just drive along in 2nd sometimes which is naughty but I'm too scared to change up!

I have just booked my theory for the 7th Jan :cheer:

I have a lot of experience driving :oops: not legally though. I began taking lessons when I was 17 then my Dad bought me a car for my 18th birthday and I started driving it. I kept on driving until I was 24 and fell pregnant and haven't driven since. I had to sell my beautiful car too :cry: (not the shitty fiesta my dad gave me :lol: )

peugeot-206cc.jpg

Anyway now I have decided to get my arse into gear. I've booked the theory and tomorrow I am going to call to book a few lessons, I don't think I'll need many but obviously have years of bad habits to get rid of.

I'm nervous but at the same time excited, I absolutely LOVE driving and it will be nice to do it without the worry of being pulled or causing an accident cos even if it wasn't my fault i'd have been fooked without a licence :oops:

Good luck everyone and send some my way too :D

mrs_tommo22 said:
Maybe we should have a driving thread in general :think:

Lilysmummy you have been driving a while now havent you?

I had about 6 when I was 17 and brought a car but the instructor was a bumhole lol and TBH I didnt have the motivation and it just fizzled out.

Had a few more when I was 19(?) but again had no motivation really but did do my teary and passed

Now Ive had Lily I really need to drive incase I need to get her to hospital or anything and just to get out the house. Ive got until March on my theory certificte. Ive got a lovely women instructor and she is flying me through it. had 9 lessons I think its now and shes going to book my in for my test after christmas and Im pooping myself haha :lol:

this thread has made me jelous!! Im gonna be fookin 30 next year and ive never had a single lesson :cry: Dont even know why really (nerves i think :oops: )

Im definitely going to get my fat arse in gear after christmas and book some lessons (its money though too, we're going to be so skint in the new year :( )

Good luck to everyone learning to drive and i hope to join you in a couple of months :pray: :cheer: xxxxxxx

Sazzylou you really should learn, think how independent you could be with your kids?

I have a lesson tomoorw girls as i am feeling better today!

mrs_tommo22 said:
Sazzylou you really should learn, think how independent you could be with your kids?

I have a lesson tomoorw girls as i am feeling better today!

I know!! I feel like a right loser having 2 kids and not being able to hardly bloody take them anywhere. Its like, i didnt learn when i was younger because of money, then i didnt learn because i was saving to get married, then i didnt learn because i was pregnant and blah blah blah....i really need to get things sorted! :twisted:

Good luck for tomorrow :hug: :hug: :hug:

LilysMummy said:

I'm almost there, have passed my theory and just having mock tests with my instructor at the moment... I can drive, I just need to learn to pass my test now and polish up a few bits and bats, i'm confident in all area's except for roundabouts and i'm getting there now! I would have passed ages ago but i've taken lots of breaks, i stopped when i was pregnant and didnt start again until Ellie was 6 months.

I have a lesson tomorrow at 10:30 then another on Friday at same time :) Good luck to all those with lessons soon :D :cheer: xx

Jo how exciting that you could pass soon then! :cheer:

Sazzylou, i was the same, so many reasons to at one particular time but in the end i had to say what the hell if i dont learn il never learn and as im ttc #3 i have to learn to drive!!!

Everyone should know and if you dont get your provisonal and book some lessons, the freedom and exhileration that first lesson is better then sex! :fib: but its still pretty good!

As the title says im back.

I thought i did terrible, bloody stalled at junction 3 times, tit that i am i didnt take my foot off the break when finding my biting point on clutch to move off LOL. Though now im home it has stuck in my mind!

Phil said my gear change is excellent for my third lesson and didnt need to promp me for it :cheer: I am well chuffed, i was just changing it without being asked and it felt natural so im like WICKED MAN!!! (chavs speak for you kay! :rotfl: ).

Hopefully next week il be able to get in car and start it and POM without being prompted. :rotfl:

Rock on next wednesday!

mrs_tommo22 said:

I thought i did terrible, bloody stalled at junction 3 times, tit that i am i didnt take my foot off the break when finding my biting point on clutch to move off LOL. Though now im home it has stuck in my mind!

Phil said my gear change is excellent for my third lesson and didnt need to promp me for it :cheer: I am well chuffed, i was just changing it without being asked and it felt natural so im like WICKED MAN!!! (chavs speak for you kay! :rotfl: ).

Hopefully next week il be able to get in car and start it and POM without being prompted. :rotfl:

Rock on next wednesday!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Well donr Sarah im chuffed for you for the good comments he gave you :cheer:
Dont worry im sure you;ll pick up the starting no prob.

Cant wait for mine :cheer:

mrs_tommo22 said:

Rock on next wednesday!

:cheer: Well done girl your doin great :D x

Well done to all of you that are learning to drive, you will wonder how you ever lived without a car when you get one :wink:

I hope there will be a invite your way jools when I have passed my test :wink:

Morgan i bet your getting well excited about yours friday now areat you? I cant wait till you go, its so fabulous.

That will be nice jools thanks.

Well today is my first lesson at 3pm :)

Wish me luck ladies :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back