KIT Days

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Well in our policy it says they like anyone on mat leave to Keep in Touch and we can and are likely to be asked to go into work up to ten times while on mat leave. Well, my manager emailed and asked me if I'd like to go and see the new premises, problem is she is the manager from hell!! My senior is having such a difficult time with her and she has screwed us over with the decisions she has made (not for the greater good of the business either!). I just really don't want to see her and if I can help it I will have a new job and will go back after mat leave to work my notice. I'm dreading it!! She's evil!!!

Keeping In Touch days are NOT compulsory, you can refuse and there will be no consequences. The days have to be agreed with you and employer; they cannot tell you what days, demand or expect anything during your maternity leave.

If you do decide to work them, you get paid for them ON TOP of you maternity pay. The days can be as little as half an hour or a full day, so no matter how long you're there, it counts as 1 KIT day. They can be used up doing training, so if here are any courses going, don't feel you will miss out, see about using a KIT day.

Sure, employers can be persuasive, but there ain't a damn thing they can do to get you in to work before your Leave is up. KIT days are merely intended to help you keep up to speed with changes, meet new faces, do training, to keep you in the loop.

Don't take any poo-poo from her :shakehead:

well said skimpy!! :yay:

not compulsary, more if YOU feel you need to go in so its not too hard on your return.

I love everyone at my work so i will just pop in whenever i fancy it (now ive said that i wont bother haha) its walking distance from my house, and would be a good walk too, so may be a good thing for me to visit my collegues! x

I'm really glad we've got KIT days, otherwise I'll feel so left out! My boss has also made me promise to come have lunch with baby and not talk work! I'm very lucky!

You get paid for them too I believe you can without penalty to your SMP, thats what I was lead to believe but I stayed clear of mine when I went on MAT leave when pregnant with my first!

Well I did go in and it wasn't too bad. I don't know if I'll get paid for it because it was more of a social thing. I had back up too, some of my other colleagues came for coffee so I was only alone with her for about 15 minutes.
Even nicer, I met my line manager today who had a wee boy just a few weeks before me. She's lovely so we had a good blether, and not much about work at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back