* Kind Of A Personal Question..... *

lfc_sarah

Reaction score
Right, im not really sure if i should really ask here...
But im not sure what to do when the time comes...

....I have my lady mary bits pierced..
And im just wondering when i should take it out for labour..
I know i'll have to take it out for that..
But i dont really want to take it out too early incase it closes over (because i kind of like it :lol: )

I had to take my tongue piercing out during a flight once and by the time id found a place that sold them (the next day), it was hard to get back in and i dont really want to have to struggle getting my genital piercing back in...
Sensitive area and all...

So do you recon i should take it out when my contactions start, when my contractions are close together (ready to go into hospital)..
or should i wait until i get into hospital, get examined ect to see how far along in labour i am and then take it out?
I dont really have to be told that i have to take it out in hospital though, because i already know that i do...
:think:

Im sorry if its a bit... graphic, too much detail ect..
And i dont blame you to read, and run off without replying...
just wondering though...... :)

Oooh, to be honest I am not sure.

But after labour would it not be even more sensitive to put it back in there, especially if you graze or tear down there (I hope you don't!!)

SarahH said:
Oooh, to be honest I am not sure.

But after labour would it not be even more sensitive to put it back in there, especially if you graze or tear down there (I hope you don't!!)

Yeah, i supose it would be more sensitive after birth...
And i really hope i dont tear.. :(

I took it out for a trail run type thing last night...
Ive not taken it out since i got it done last year..
And i realised after id already taken it out... that i couldnt see my mary bits to put it back in again.
Big silly pregnant belly :rotfl:
So i had to get my OH to put it in for me...
Its not hard to put back in... just a bit fiddly with the balls... (how rude does that sound) :rotfl:

I'd wait until you go to hospital and ask them to take it out. You may have hours of contractions at home before you are ready to go in.
I'd ask the midwifes to put it back in afterwards, or get your OH to do it.
I'm sure the midwifes would have come across this before.

I think it depends on how long it will be before it will close up. My ears close up in a few hours, but my nose piercing has stayed open for years despite me not wearing anything in it anymore :think:

I want to get my lady bits pierced once I've healed up :D

muppetmummy said:
I'd wait until you go to hospital and ask them to take it out. You may have hours of contractions at home before you are ready to go in.
I'd ask the midwifes to put it back in afterwards, or get your OH to do it.
I'm sure the midwifes would have come across this before.

I think it depends on how long it will be before it will close up. My ears close up in a few hours, but my nose piercing has stayed open for years despite me not wearing anything in it anymore :think:

I want to get my lady bits pierced once I've healed up :D

Yeah thats what i was thinking, about the hours of contractions..

I would recommend it...Hurts getting it done though... only for a second

hey hun, i laboured WITH my VCH piercing in, the only time they siad it had to come out was coz i was taken to theatre for a section.

i can appreciate, you wont want the experience of havin it repierced so if i was you, leave it in, unless ur asked to remove it, i wudnt even mention u have it there to ur MW, as my MW did internals sweeps etcc, and had NO idea i had one!

hope this helps :)

**edit, by the time i was goin to theatre, i cudnt feel let alone see anything down there, i had had the epi, and so the MW removed it.... and afterwards, i asked the MW to put it back in again :rotfl: **

lozzi said:
hey hun, i laboured WITH my VCH piercing in, the only time they siad it had to come out was coz i was taken to theatre for a section.

i can appreciate, you wont want the experience of havin it repierced so if i was you, leave it in, unless ur asked to remove it, i wudnt even mention u have it there to ur MW, as my MW did internals sweeps etcc, and had NO idea i had one!

Were u not scared about tearing ect?
I think i will take it out... i wouldnt want it ripped out :x

I have brightly coloured balls in mine...
So i think its pretty obvious to notice when looked at to be honest...
:rotfl:

lfc_sarah said:
lozzi said:

perhaps change it to something mroe neutrual?

no not scared at all, its a fair distance from the location :) i think i had a similar thread when i was preg and decided to leave it in :)

i'll go find the thread and resurrect ;)

lozzi said:
lfc_sarah said:
lozzi said:

perhaps change it to something mroe neutrual?

no not scared at all, its a fair distance from the location :) i think i had a similar thread when i was preg and decided to leave it in :)

i'll go find the thread and resurrect ;)

Thanx xx

midna said:
I had 8 lady bit peircings ...I took them whilst I could still get to them I had rings thou ...I didnt put them back in after the birth and they probs closed by now ..but Im sure I will get them done again at some point :D

8!
Wow lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back