Kim and Aggie help please!!!

*Star*

Reaction score
I've got black marks on the underside of the iron and I can't get it off!
It's like a sticky residue, no idea where it's come from.
Any tips on what I can use to get it off?

do same as i did hun chuck it in the bin and buy another i tried everthing

i got that much loved effect n my iron when OH ironed over a transfer !

The base is ceramic, so I was afraid that a scourer would damage it.

I tried using the green pot scrubbers but that didn't help

If you have something cotton that your not bothered about damaging and run the iron over it (hot) then it should come off..sommat like a pillowcase cover?

mary70 said:
do same as i did hun chuck it in the bin and buy another i tried everthing

haha Kim and Aggie would be mortified!

I got the How Clean is Your House book for xmas, Kim and Aggie say this on Iron Maintenance:

Keep the sole plate clean and free from scratches by wiping and then polishing with a soft damp cloth (when the iron is switched off and cool). If the sole plate picks up burnt-on sticky residue, don't scrape or scour it off. Instead, heat it up to the warm setting and rub with a tightly stretched, dampened, loose weave cotton cloth or towel. If residue remains, rub with white toothpaste or bicarbonate of soda and a coarse damp cloth.

Hope that helps xx

well I've been ironing with it and it hasn't got it off, so i think that going over a towel or something wouldn't help.
I've probably damaged it more by keeping on using it.

I'll try the toothpaste and bicarb tonight!

lol I got the book as well and its a full time job looking after a house if ya do everything they tell ya to...

When I moved in with Lee he had tried to iron as well and made the same mess of the iron as yr talking about... in the end I gave up and bought one from Asda, it was only about a tenner!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back