Kidneys playing up? Advice please!

halemon

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to all this, just 4 weeks pg by my calculations. very happy about it but have the usual worries about every litle symptom!

I'm wondering if i've got a kidney infection or someting as i am aching and having little pains around there (not continual though) but wee is not stinging at all.( I have had these before about 8months ago) and nurse told me last time to drink lots - which i am doing!

I tink i just need a bit of reasurrance really, can't stop worrying, tis took 10mnths and don't want anthing to go wrong now:?

Does anyone else out there suffer form ulcerative colitis or chrons? that's another one on my list!

If it's just achey like the start of your period it could just be the normal early pregnancy stretching pains. But if you're in the slightest bit worried about a kidney/water infection please go to your doctor as it can be bad for the baby too especially in early pregnancy.

Congratulations on the pregnancy :cheer: and it's completely normal to worry (and it carries on until long after they're born!)

Hiya! I'm a fellow IBD sufferer (have had Crohns for 15 years) So feel free to PM me at anytime. I can understand how worrying it all is for you.I believe water infections are quite common during pregnancy. I know you can take certain antibiotics but if you are anything like me they flare the damn crohns up (nothing is ever simple!)

I would recommmed you pop to your docs and get them to test your urine. I had extra red blood cells in mine (not sure why) but all is ok.

Good luck,

Claire x

Thanks for that, I shall pop into docs on monday, just to get it all checked. to add to that, i've had a tummy upset too - rahhh!!! Yes, I do worry about the IBd flaring up and causing trouble. the annoing thing for me is that i've been 'under investigation' for ulcerative colitis for three years now and they suspect it but haven't yet properly diagnosed it, i was due to have a colonoscopy but i guess that's not going to happen now!!!

Oh well! I'm still really excited about being pregnant though - hurray! [/img]

halemon said:
I do worry about the IBd flaring up and causing trouble. the annoing thing for me is that i've been 'under investigation' for ulcerative colitis for three years now and they suspect it but haven't yet properly diagnosed it, i was due to have a colonoscopy but i guess that's not going to happen now!!!

Everyone is different but a fair few people find their crohns/colitis actually calms down during pregnancy. Its because the immune system dappens down so it doesnt reject the baby. Because both diseases are autoimmune diseases this sometime helps people go into remission.

I personally found the first few weeks awful and my D got worse and was passing a fair bit of blood (sorry guys) but now im a pretty much twice a day girl which is great for me!

I just hope it continues!!

Claire x

yes, that's a good point, maybe it will calm down a bit - here's to positive thinking! in the past when my IBD has been at its worst it would be no BM for a week - ow! But at the mo, its the opposite which, as far as i'm concerned is wonderful! Hurray!

The old kidneys feel a tad better today, hope its on its way out - pass the cranberry juice! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back