Kick in the teeth- scan date in the post this morning. :-(

Englishrose

Reaction score
I started having a miscarriage at the weekend at 5 weeks. Spent yesterday at epu as they are concerned it could be ectopic. Got to go back for more tests tomorrow. This morning just as an extra kick in the teeth I've got my scan date through the post. :-( feeling awful. Do I ring them and tell them I won't be there or do they get told? Don't want to go through that on the phone. So sad today. :-(

hi Englishrose I am so sorry I am going thru a mmc just now so I know what your going throu I had to phone the hospital myself and cancel my scan dates it seemed cruel but I had to do it

Oh its just horrible isn't it. I had the same thing a couple of times and I had to ring. My OH was going to do it for me but I just phoned myself. It was very hard to say the words though as it made it all the more real x

Hi EnglishRose I am so sorry you lost your baby, the system can seem very impersonal as they leave it up to you to let other departments / GP know. I hope your tests go ok tomorrow. It's natural to feel sad and upset it's just so hard to accept that it has happened. Take care, lean on your family and friends and ask the hospital any questions you have. From experience time helps to heal the pain so take each day at a time xx

Im sorry thats just horrible!

Thanks ladies. Will ring them tomorrow. It's my second miscarriage after 22 months of trying. Really didn't think it would happen again. Felt so positive this time. I am very lucky that I have a daughter already but desperately want a sibling for her. Feel like giving up. :-( I went to the drs today and got signed off work for a bit so going to take some time out and rest and recover. Have some amazing family and friends around so very lucky. x

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss- mc is a terrible thing and you should take as much time as you need to recover. I phoned my sonography dept to cancel my scan, but they had already been informed. I had been admitted through the epau for my d&c though, so that could have been the reason.
Big hugs to you.

The same happened to me. My midwife was supposed to inform them, she didn't. Twice. She didn't get another chance to fail me! This time most of my scans have been private and I'm under a completely different hospital and refusing to see a midwife until after 12 weeks.
I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope you're ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back