• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kick Chart

leckershell

Reaction score
When do people here start recording their baby's kicks onto a kick chart? I already started mine as I'm curious how often it kicks me in a day and I'm paranoid too so always like to be a bit ahead of what I should be. I only started it yesterday but it's interesting to see which times in the day I get pummelled the most and whether it's before/during/after food.

Record yesterday of over 25 proper punches in an hour (not just hiccups, proper big punches!)

Go little baby effort x

I never followed a kick chart as some days keeley would kick in the mornin then i would feel her again til much later on as i had been walkin or somethin so if i went by the chart i would be forever at the hospital :lol:

My midwife gave me one and you are supposed to feel 10 movements between 9-5 but i never did keeley wanted to play silly games for me

i think as long as you feel some kicks i wouldn't worry as i always thought i would know if somethin was wrong :)

i dont do one. Although some days i think even the biggest chart would be big enough!!

Ive never heard of them before! Is it somethong your midwife asks you to do?

It's in baby magazines/books and the midwife mentioned it was something to do later on in pregnancy... apparently it's so that you can make sure you're getting regular movements and if you get a lot less movements one day than the previous then you'll notice it and wonder if there is a reason for it and if you need to call your midwife. It's like a little spreadsheet and you tick the boxes next to the times to say thats when you felt movements..

Mines probably far too detailed cos I'm a geek and I put numbers in as I'm curious, but I have one for home and one for work hours... the little red triangles show when I ate..

kickchartpic.jpg

I think thats a great idea! Iwill do one for myself as its a fab way of keeping track of the baby!
I guess as well as you get to 30 weeks plus, you need to mak sure the bby os moving regurly.

hey ladies, i dont follow a kick chart. i just know how many kicks my baby kicks mentally. i would know if something was wrong. maybe im just different.
xnatx

The midwife told me to start using the one she gave me from 28 weeks. To be honest he's such a worm I've made my own and been using that since around the 24 week marker. I've lost a little interest in it now though, he's always done his 10 kicks long before lunchtime let alone the end of the day so I'm not as obsessed with it as I thought I might have been. Like others have said I think I'd know deep down and in my head whether something was wrong or whether he's just resting.

I was doing the thing where you lie down twice a day (morning and evening) and time how long it takes to reach 10 movements.

Gotta be honest though, I haven't done it for a couple of weeks now. :?

Sounds like a good idea but I don't think I'd remember to do it ! :) My brain is pickled as it is! :lol:

never heard of them until now :lol:

i think it would make me too paranoid. and as long as you are getting some strong movements i dont think you need to worry too much :)

Hi

I thought your only meant to do them if you suspect LO to bein stress or a dco asks you too??
Katrina

I made my own up, but s/he moves so much i dont really need on. Mind you the other day LO didnt move all day and I ended up down the hospital so they could monitor me. As soon as they put the monitor on me the little bugger started moving. My OH counted 42 movements in 20 mins! Made me look like a right liar! The midwife was really kind to me and told me not to worry, bless her, but I did feel stupid :roll:

When i was pregnant with frankie she didnt move about alot and i asked the doctors about this and they said the counting how many movements they are meant to do ie 10 in a so many hour period is old hat now and that you should only be worried if your baby is moving around as it normaly would :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back