Kick Chart at 31 weeks

bubbalou

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Has anyone been given a kickchart to fill out?

I went mw app on Monday and I said that the movements were possibly less frequent than had been so
they put me on a trace for a while and it was fine, they said it was a perfect trace and heart rate finr and then told me to
fill out the kick chart until my growth scan next week.

But its making me soo paranoid! I am supposed to call labour ward if I dont get 10 movements by 6pm each day.
Getting really worried that LO should be moving more, I am getting my 10th movement by about 6.30pm so far
so I guess all is ok and it always moves more at night anyway.
But mw was also concerned that my bump is rather small so I've got myself in a tiz of worry now...

Anyone know how often your LO is kicking through the day?

to be honest I couldnt tell you how often LO kicks and moves but the midwife always asks at appointments if i'm getting at least 10 a day....

Depends what I'm doing all day, like if i'm up and about I wont notice movements as much but my general rule is if I feel I haven't felt anything for a couple of hours I try to provoke a movement or drink/eat something...... usually resting my cup of tea on the top of my belly does the trick! :lol:

My LO always kicks much more in the evenings. He's always been like that, I get some movement during the day and then loads at nights. He does occasionally have a few days where he doesn't do too much, but that seems to be normal for him. Plus his movements have slowed way down in the past few weeks.

I know someone who recently had her baby & she had one of those charts to fill out, it made her nervous too. The also said her LO was too small & induced her at 38 weeks. The baby was 6lb 10 & perfect, plus shes a wee angel, just sleeps & feeds. So try not too worry too much. :hug: :hug:

I was told by my middy at the last appointment to make sure I was getting at least 10 kicks a day. But like Emma says some days i dont feel him as much until the night time if im busy with stuff around the house.

hello! :wave:
this topic has been a cause for concern for me too,esp since i got OC. :?
some days LO is so so active and i feel like im being kicked to bits,but other days like today he has been really still,i even used my doppler this morning as i felt abit concerned. i notice days were i am busy and on the go i do not feel him as much,dont know if this is because my motion makes him sleepy or because im busy i do not notice them,but night times are when i get most of my movements,but i dont know if this is as im sat down relaxing and just notice them more? :think: :?

Thanks for the re-assurance everyone
He is definately more of a night time baby, has been all along so I am probably just being
paranoid. But once you start focusing on something, it makes it even worse doesnt it! The more I think about the movements, the
more I worry something is wrong!

Roll on Weds for my growth scan so I can get some peace of mind...
:?

u know what, sometimes the MW have 1st time mother shitting theirselves about these kicks, yea of course we have to monitor it, but sometimes, im so busy at work and by the time i get home and bath other kids etc, i sometimes dont feel baby chezza at all till about 9pm, if i havent felt baby for a while, i tend to sit down and move my belly abit :rotfl: or go for a bath!! I think sometimes this kick charts can make mothers much worse.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back