Back to work days

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
Ive posted this in the girlies room but wanted to see whether any new mums are considering these.
Im only having a total of 20weeks mat leave/hols and im due to go back 5th March :(
They are really struggling at the moment and ive just found out my manager has been to HR to ask whether he can ask me to come back earlier but he was told it was too soon to ask.
They do offer back to work days and im thinking of possibly offering to do some of these but im scared ill be leaving my little princess too early, she is staying with family though and at the most it will be 2 days a week until im due to go back. What do you ladies think? x x

Im thinking of doing the same...Stanley is 10 weeks old :"( Im on my own and want to just have that little bit more..

If it feels right and you are confortable leaving her with family hun then go for it. xx

m2a your soooo lucky to have family to help you out

I would say go for it, LO will be with ppl she knows, so why not! As long as its what you want to do!

:)

I have no intention of using my kit days! But that's cause I just can't be doing with the politics of work before I have to rather than leaving her!

If you are happy then go for it!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

I have done a keeping in touch day and am doing 2 more before i go back to work. I waited till mat pay was at it's lowest for me so that i got some benefit! Found it very helpful and H was with her grandparents (both sets are sharing childcare) so I didn't worry about her like i thought i would. It was actually quite good to have my head full of something else for a while. Good practise for grandparents and H as well anmd everything went fine. good luck x

im intending on using all 10 of my KIT days, go for it hunny, its for the good of your family too xx

If your happy then then go back, two days isn't too bad, it will ease you back into it and you know Elexia will be well cared for x

Finley is 13 weeks old & I have just applied for 2 jobs over here. (Germany army camp, jobs are very far and few in between!) They are 4 hours a day & obviously I have been here 3 years and constantly at home I am begging for independence now. You do what you feel is best! :) you're lucky you have family around to help. I however just have close friends!

I started my KIT days on wednesday.

Im also due back in march and im doing two days a week until then because i think you are legally allowed 10 days.

Savannah stays with DH so although ive hated leaving her i have known she will be perfectly happy.

There are upsides and downsides... the way i looked at is was that i am going to have to go back in march anyway. At least doing these days will break me into working again slowly, Will not disrupt savannah too much and will allow all of us to see how we feel.

It was hard the first day, But there is no better feeling than getting home and running through the front door... Being away for a little while really made me appreciate what i have at home.

I went back to wrk after 6 weeks and Owen stays with my mum. Had no choice as got a job offer at 36 weeks pregnant in gave my notice in at my job, owen was born in July, did one kit day in August sorting my things and returning work things and basically left and the job started September! X

I am def doing all ten of mine, I lovey job and I'm a bit of a control freak and like to know what's going on lol also that bit of extra money will help x

I used my 10 KIT days when I had Grace, I used them up just before I officially came back of Mat Leave which meant I could get my SMP and get paid for those 10 days too. I did 2 days a week for just over a month, but she was 8 months old then so I was ready to go back to work. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back