Just wondering....

satch

Reaction score
Hiya,

BD'd a the right time, checked my temp and OPK and my temperatures stayed night and high post-ov. I got what looked like an implantation dip in and at 8DPO I got cramping, like period pains, which I've never had before except at period time.

I'm wondering whether I conceived, but it didn't implant and stayed implanted? I've now got my period and its a bit heavier than normal.

I'm trying to work out some kind of pattern.

Better luck next cycle, but trying to work out why I got the cramping about a week after ovulation.

Anyone else had similar?

S xx

Hi :wave:

Funnily enough i had a temp dip this morning at 5 or 6 dpo and i've been feeling unwell all day - not myself at all. I'm peeing every 20 minutes but that's probably the nettle, dandelion and green teas that i drink :lol:
This is my first month of charting so i can't work out if this is a pattern i go through anyway.

Good luck and lots of babydust to you! :hug:

one of the unfortunate side-effects of charting is that it gives you a box of symptoms to check - which means that every day when you chart your temp, you start looking for other symptoms too. I've stopped bothering to note them down, having realised that actually, I have slight cramps every month at around 7-10dpo, I feel nauseous (and genuinely so) for 2-3 days before AF every month, and I get a stuffy nose and feel like I have a cold coming on around 8-9dpo, every month. I also need the loo a lot more in the 2nd half of the cycle, and need to get up at night for the loo. I'd never noticed any of these 'symptoms' before I started charting. I couldn't have told you when I was ovulating, or even when my period was due, although it was regular and it never surprised me.

Your luteal phase last cycle was one day longer than the average. That in itself doesn't suggest conception. However, as you haven't charted before, we don't know what your personal average luteal phase is. If it turns out to be 15, then that's self-explanatory, but if it turns out to be 10, that suggests something may have happened this cycle.

The temperature pattern you charted shows a textbook ovulatory cycle. Bleeding varies from one month to the next - sometimes it can be heavier for less time, sometimes longer for more. Again, this is something you generally don't notice unless you're recording it. I have records of AF start dates for the past 2-3 years, before TTC, but not end dates or heaviness...

I wouldn't place too much faith in implantation dips either. FF did a study on them - they came to the conclusion that statistically, a larger proportion of charts with a dip resulted in pregnancy than didn't, but it was something like 55%:45%. A very significant minority of dip charts ended in AF. There's a theory that progesterone levels naturally dip a week into the LP, hence the temp dip. Yes, if you see one, you get hopeful, but there's no real substance to the theory, which is why FF doesn't include it in its implantation signs alerts.

This is not to say that you didn't conceive but fail to implant - just to say that this may well be a normal cycle for you. Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is by doing a HPT and getting a +result. If you look at my October chart, I had a 15-day luteal phase, and you can see the days I had a + HPT result. However it was really faint and never got any stronger - then after three days it disappeared completely. There's no real way of telling from my chart that I had conceived at all, and I wouldn't have known had it not been for the HPTs - though since then my luteal phase has varied between 11 and 13 days, so that gives a clue with hindsight.

Sorry that's not much actual help, but it's the best I can do! :hug: Here's to this cycle :pray:

thanks for the information - its really interesting to keep learning. you're right about that when you chart you look for symptoms :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back