Just an idea

Happyred

Reaction score
Hi ladies, having read charlene09 s recent post about giving up smoking, I wondered if it might be an idea to set up a sort of support group thread, for all those who are trying to give up smoking. Just thought it might be nice to support people and there is nothing like a wee bit healthy competition to motivate someone to quit. Not sure if this has already been done, if so I apologise, but otherwise let me know what you think.

I think this is a great idea, the first week of quitting was really difficult for me and it's support from family and friends that helped me through it. I've not smoked for 3 weeks now and I'm really proud of myself lol xx

Great idea : )
I'm on day 4 of not smoking and well done to all you ladies that have stopped x

its a hard thing to do i get that completely but i hear once your over day 3 its all good. I gave up and its best thing ive ever done x

i quit smoking when i started to ttc and i never thought i could do it.. but ive done about a month now by reading this quit smoking book i know it sounds silly but it really helped me

I'm quitting cold turkey today. And what a day I chose to quit on, as I feel sick from head to stomach and back :( lol. Good luck ladies!! And congrats to those who have already quit! :) XxX

Last edited:
I think it's a great idea! Instead of people telling those ladies who smoke why they shouldnt smoke (they already know or they wouldn't be on here asking advice!) we should instead give them all the encouragement and support we can to help them along the way as I'm sure it's not an easy journey. Well done to those who have already quit, we are all behind you :) xxxx

Last edited:
This is a fab idea!! I quit when I began TTC at the end of Nov and have had a few slip-ups. Would be nice as even though I quit nearly 2 months ago, I still have days where it gets on top of me.

I would have also really appreciated a thread like that when I first quit - kind of as a reminded to why we're doing it in the first place.

Happyred, maybe you could change the name of the post so that anyone who has quit or is trying to can see it? Def a good idea, would be helpful for anyone who has quit to put daily updates etc to encourage others xxxx

Thanks for replying ladies, glad you like the idea. Im not a smoker personally, I gave up 12 years ago before I got pregnant with my daughter, so I can understand how difficult a thing it is to do. Will set up a new thread just now explaining a Bit about it and hopefully grab a few smokers attention! Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

I think this should be done, to offer support and encouragement, rather than criticism..

I gave up two days after getting my bfp at 4 weeks, I'm now 20 weeks and haven't looked back. It's bloody hard but every time I had a fag all I kept imagining is the smoke I inhale in my babies lungs. Put me right off lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back