Just had my scan

weenik

Reaction score
I was getting a scan to check where my placenta was lying because it was very close to the birth canal - but I'm glad to say that as my uterus stretched it's in a good position now!

She measured Bambi and said that the head is a little big bigger than average (!) and then done the weighing measurements and said s/he was about 5lb 10oz and I'm only 33 weeks 2moro! I'm only just over 5 ft and weighed about 7 stone before I got pregnant and dad is not very big either! Although I'm shocked at the size I'm very happy because I should be able to have a natural birth (if the monster fits out!!) and Bambi is nice and healthy! xx

Thats a amazing size for your gestation weenik! Do big babies run in the family.

SSS son bailey was born at 34+weighing 5 pounds.Your LO loves its grub bless it!

I know - I'm still shocked by the size. My dad was 11lb when he was born so it may take after him. My nephew was pretty big too - he was 9lb 14 but my youngest niece was 6lb 2. She said my placenta was quite big too, and I have put on almost 3 stone in weight :oops: so I know where the food is going to! xx

I had a scan last week at 35 weeks and was told the baby is already at least 6 and a half pounds! Told to brace myself bor a 'whopper' - the sonographers words not mine!!!

Blimey that is a good weight at this age, bless at least she is healthy thats the main thing :cheer:

thats great news hun :hug: My mw keeps saying little things that makes me think Im having a biggie too :?

our baby was 6 lb 2 at 36 week scan and I thought that sounded big.

Glad the placenta moved babe, is a real worry that I was the same :hug:

I have no idea what my LO might be, I've never been told anything about size...I've had no late scans (12 and 21 weeks only) and although prepared for a bigger baby since I'm kinda big I was tiny when born and mum's bump was huge because she was carrying so much water. Now I have been told I'm carrying a large amount of water so who knows really - we'll see when he's born I suppose!!

Sorry...waffling on about scans and sizes, I went to reply saying I'm glad the placenta has moved for you and your ok to go ahead with a natural birth - the thought of a c-section doesn't appeal to me.

good news that everythin is ok and you can naturelly deliver :)

dont worry too much about the size, they estimated 2 of mine at almost 9lb n they were only 7lb 6 n 6lb10

The scan estimates on size can be up to 2lbs wrong either way so I was told last week. Your LO is a healthy size even if they got it wrong. My LO was measured at 4 1/2 lbs at 32 weeks.

Main thing is everything looks fine and baby is growing healthy and it's great that your placenta is now out of the way. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back