• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just found out!

ladylil

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've tonight done the clear blue digital and I am 4 weeks pregnant! We are both very excited, but starting to get a bit nervous about it all! Just trying to take in some info about what I can and can't do, its all so confusing, any tips on a good book to start with?

x

Congratulations!!!!

One of the best books I have is "Your pregnancy week by week" by Prof. Lesley Regan. It's very good, quite in depth and gives you some amazing photos of what the baby looks like each week!

As for do's and dont's, the most important thing is to ensure you have at least 400ug of folic acid intake every day if you don't already.

Main food to avoid are red meat which isn't cooked through, any mold-ripened or unpasteurised cheeses (brie, camembert, feta etc), liver, pate or other things high in the animal-based form of Vitamin A (retinol) and obviously booze and fags :lol:

Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months with us :D

Congratulations! And welcome!

You're not allowed to eat shark.

Congats and welcome. :D

Get to the docs so they can prescribe you with some folic acid tabs.. I have every book you could think of and they are all brilliant! So pick away!

Stay away from alcohol, smoking, soft cheese, shell fish and pate!!! Thats the main things! Get as much rest as possible too.. you will find the next few weeks exhausting!!

Good Luck x

Congratulations hin! Hope you have a happy safe pregnancy.

Congrats hun!! :dance:
Take care of yourself & have a happy healthy 9 months xxx

Congratulations!! :cheer:
My midwife gve me a book yesterday.. its the nhs pregnancy book. probably not the bestest but it was free! lol.
xx

Thanks everyone! It's slowly starting to sink in properly now! I'm off to the docs this morning, its getting exciting :D

Congrats to you! We are similar on timings!
I hope all goes well for you!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back