Just found out, worried about diet

March11

Reaction score
I've just found out Im pregnant and I think I am about 5 to 6 weeks. This was unplanned so obviously have not been eating or drinking any different to normal, this means I have still been drinking alcohol, never any more than 4 units and only once or twice a week. Im worried that I will have done some damage through this, firsty through not eating the right foods and secondly through alcohol.

It'll be fine, it happens to loads of people. U can just change it from now x

Sorry poking my nose in.... But I was still smoking weed and drinking alcohol for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy because I didn't know and as far as midwife and consultant can tell i've got a very healthy little girl :) xx

As far as I know - and I may be wrong - the baby does not start taking from your blood system straight away - it lives from the yoke sack - so as Princess says I wouldn't worry too much as long as you change things now

Many ppl do this hun before they know. Please try not to worry and Congrats x

yeah was just gonna say the same i really wouldn't worry loads of people are still drinking and smoking as they don't know they are pregnant at first and some just carry on anyway and still have perfect babies at the end when i was being really sick i wasn't about to keep much down the dr told me not too worry as the baby would get everything it needs x

I was the exact same, so don't worry. And still at 5weeks I don't have a perfect diet but I am getting there slowly!

Congratulations too x

I was the same, got pregnant on honeymoon and of course over indulged in food and alcohol and the celebrations continued when I got home and then found out i was pregnant at about 6 weeks so changed my drinking / eating patterns. I'm sure its very common and I don't think you should worry too much :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back