Just been told...

Hunnie

Reaction score
That if I Iet Sophie carry on feeding the way she is she will turn into a fat baby and that instead of formula during the night I should give her water because then she will start sleeping through because she won't think it's worth waking up just for water.

What a load of crap! Needless to say im completely ignoring the woman lol

What a load of rubbish. *ignore*

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Ignore! Thats ridiculous! My lo was having night feeds until he was 8months old and is perfect on height and weight.

Who told you that?! Rubbish!! As if a baby will think 'oh well i'll only get water so might aswell go back to sleep'?! Jack's 7mths and has had a night feed every single night since birth and will continue to have it until he doesn't drink it anymore or sleeps right through!!

Some people! x

I actually couldn't believe it when she said it, she said she had done the same with all 3 of her children! I just said that it doesn't bother me if she wakes up to be fed as many times in the night as she wants, if she's asking for a feed she clearly needs it.

OMG your LO is only 2 weeks old. What an awful thing to say to someone. I would've been fuming and so insulted. I think a 2 week old is likely to be waking because they are hungry!

Defo ignore the stupid bint hun xxx

at your babies age she should be waking to have night feeds lol, silly woman

as she gets older just increase the amount, as long as she isnt havin 7oz every couple of hrs she will be fine.

Oh my god! I thought your baby may have been like 10 months old and waking for food out of habit and as comfort. Then I see she is only 2 weeks old!!!! Babies should wake in te
Night for food at that age, their tummies are only
Tiny, they can't eat enough during the day. crazy lady.

I'd tell her to have water instead of food for a week and see how it bloody feels!

Is this your mil hunnie???? What a stupid woman!!!!!! You feed your baby when she needs it daft old bag xx

It wasn't actually my mil! Lol she's being absolutely brilliant at the minute. It was an ex friends mother, who actually turned round and said that I'd have a jelly baby to match my jelly belly, the fact that my belly is nearly back to normal already lol!!

What a cheeky woman! And most women still have a jelly belly for a while after having a baby, I'm guessing hers went washboard flat as soon as her kids popped out, I don't think so!
A newborns tummy is the size of their closed fist so really tiny they need milk not water until they are weaning unless they are maybe constipated or it's really really hot!

Oh lol yay for your mil being good!!!! Well if she's an ex friends mother then her opinion doesn't count what so ever and next time tell her to shoved her advice up her arse!!!! Xxx

Tell her to have water when she is hungry,not worth eating really. If she starved her babies,doesnt mean you should.
Nutrition is vital for brain development

I'm just putting it down now as to the reason why her daughter is tapped lol!

OMG I'm speechless!! Sometimes I love other peoples 'advice' makes me realise the only people who know best for a baby is its own mum!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back