Just been to the docs to have it all confirmed :0)

babybo

Reaction score
He didn't really do much. Just took blood pressure and advised about the flu jab?

Anyone had it yet?
Not sure if I want to risk anything just yet??
I had swine flu last Xmas (horrific and got taken to hospital on boxing day)
So think I will get it but just not yet?

Also got booking in appointment for 8th november at 1 so I can't wait!!

I'll have to take the little girl I look after with me as don't want to tell work until after the scan but she'll be good as I'll give her a bag of goodies lol xx

Oh that's good that all is confirmed :) What's a booking in appointment? My doctors are awful, when I phoned them they just said 'oh i think you have to phone the number for the midwife centre' but you can't get an appointment until 8 weeks!' I feel like no-one is telling me anything! x x

Woop Woop that's what we like to hear :)

Kirsty you will need a booking in appointment first with the midwife, so you will need to get a number for whoever that maybe, if you can't find it ring your local maternity unit x

Ah ok, well they said to ring the midwife number, but there was no answer when I tried. I'll try again tomorrow, and then hopefully get an appointment for 8 weeks. Would it be the midwife that applies for your first scan date? x

Ah ok, well they said to ring the midwife number, but there was no answer when I tried. I'll try again tomorrow, and then hopefully get an appointment for 8 weeks. Would it be the midwife that applies for your first scan date? x

It is :) They take a medical history and chat about what hospital you'd like to attend for scan's/birth etc. x

The booking in appointment last an hour!!!

My doc said he'll send a letter off to the m/w a d get her to book the scans etc and should get a letter in next few weeks with the scan dates. Just hope it's a tuesady morning at it's only time I'm off!!!
X

Mine lasted about 45 minutes, I must be really simple lol

The midwife books your scan for you, or at least mine will be :)

Gald everything is going good for you & litle pickle :)

Really pleased to hear everything went ok x

Glad that everything went well :) I had my flu jab done last week - apparently the pregnancy one is a bit different - anyway i felt fine after (week ago now) but i usually have it anyway as I have asthma!

Wooo! Offcial mummy to be! Iv been offered flu jab, apparently last year flu caused lots of complications for pregnant mums, so I will have it when I'm over 12 weeks! Better to be safe xxx

i read a story about a lady that caught flu whilst pregnant was in a magazine last week. She was ill with a little bump and woke up 2 months later with a much bigger one. I think she was in a medical coma as she was so poorly. I cannot find the mag i must have recycled it. Her baby was ok.

Yeah think I'm favouring having it done after 12weeks. I do want it ESP as I'm working with kids that catch everything going!!

Last time we had our little ben we received a letter from the mw with a scan date on so will see what happens this time?
Xx

ok this might sound like a silly question, but would I go on my own to my booking in appointment or would I bring the hubby with me? is this the sort of appointment he would attend? xx

Hey hun, i had the flu jab yesterday and have no side effects at all, they advise all pregnant women to get it as swine flu can be very dangerous while pregnant.

There is a thread in pregnancy chat by princess81, take a look at that for more info. xxx

My booking in date is 9th nov x never got anything done today just advice xx

My hubs is coming with me. He wants to. Think it's cause he wants to be involved xx

ok this might sound like a silly question, but would I go on my own to my booking in appointment or would I bring the hubby with me? is this the sort of appointment he would attend? xx

I took my OH - he confirmed there wasnt anything worrying in his side of the family. Made me feel more relaxed as well :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back