job ideas

trixipaws

Reaction score
i currently work for an insurance company (so in an office). i'd LOVE to be able to give up work to be a full-time mummy but i dont think we can afford it. i'm not a career girl at all though so i dont really mind what job i do, and was wondering what sort of jobs (if any!) there are in which i can either work from home, or bring my child with me?

Great question! I was about to ask this as well. I want to be a stay at home mum, but I know we will need some extra money.

Trixipaws - can you manage to work part time or reduced hours with your current job?

If so... You can apply for a flexible working arrangement under the Flexible Working Directive when you have a child under 6.

I am full time at an insurance company too. I work in the City and commute so don't want to do that full time after the baby. Fortunately we can manage on 60% of my salary so I'm going to put a request in to work only 3 days a week after my maternity leave.

Avon lady (although comission based and won't be as much as you are getting now).

Ann Summers, Virgin Vie, Body Shop etc: Hostess ( Again comission based but you could maybe do a couple of parties a week in the evening). You might have to pay a certain amount at the beginning to get your kit.

Reduce your hours where you already work

I work part-time in an insurance company and I'd love to be able to quit and still make money but sounds hard. I'm not too keen on the Avon thing although it sounds like a great idea. I'm so fussy though. if im gonna get a job i wanna do something i'll enjoy, or not work at all. it's so hard!

At my work one of the girls came back 1 Full day, and 2 evenings 5pm-9.30pm, and a saturday 9-1pm.

She was in admin office... but it was typing of reports and memo's so it didnt really matter when she was in.

You should ask for a flexi arrangement but if not afew ideas....

If your creative, my friend made a fortune making cards.... she then sold them in offices etc.... and on ebay.

Another friend was really arty and she made kids canvas art hand painted of cartoon characters and sold them on ebay, she use to do it in the evenings when the baby went down to bed.

Some companies advertise in the papers for people to do typing at home.....

But i guess it all comes down to how much spare time you have and how much money you need to earn

i sell Bewithus natural products and magnet therapy items a bit like Avon, but a completely different company. you can do the hours you want, sell door to doo or just people you know its quite fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back