Jane bath seat.. Problem!

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
Just put lily in her new bath seat.. She enjoyed it thank god!! It's brilliant it folds down and the front comes down to put them in easier.. But the suction cups are doing sod all!! Luckily OH was home to hold it down for me but I can't do it alone it she will float in it!! Theres no instructions just pictures but I'm wondering is there a special way I have to put it in the bath or something??? Frustrated the hell out of me trying to get it to stick!!! Any ideas????
Thought I'd add a pic too :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341771676.930356.jpg

Before you fill the bath can you wet the suction cups individually and stick it down?

Xxxx

I've tried that :( initially I thought the seat was too wide for the bath so I done it with her facing me so it fit better but it still wouldn't stick!! :(

Is it directly on a bath mat? It looks like it is. If not is it on bumpy bits? Like a built in raised floor?

I have the same seat, it won't work on a bath mat and you have to have the water in the bath first then put the seat into the water and push down firmly on it, it should stick the bath then x

Last edited:
I originally done it without the bath mat but it was slipping all over the place... So I thought my best bet was to just put it on the mat that way it would slip less..
So the bath needs to be run BEFORE the seat is in?? I'll give that a go tonight! I did wet the bath first tho.. I'm hoping I just haven't done it right, going to be annoyed if its faulty :(
Does ur LO slip forward in the seat all the time? I've tried getting her to sit upright but she keeps slipping down.. She doesn't seem too bothered though lol!

Well I filled the bath and pushed as hard as I can in diff positions.. Pulled at the suckers and everything and I just about go the back ones on.. Wiggled it and it seemed fairly secure so I put her in and it was ok.. Til I had to readjust her :mad: it came off so I just took her out and put her to bed.. Barely got a wash :( I don't know if it's my bath thats too narrow or the suction cups are crap?!

Jake used slip about in it at first as well until he got used to it, then he used to go nuts splashing, my one sticks so strong to the bath that it's hard work removing it after and yesterday when I was pulling it to remove it, it snapped and broke! Maybe your one is faulty or bath could be too narrow, I thought giving him a bath today would be awful without the seat but he was fine with just the mat and loved it lol

She was kicking about having fun for the first time yesterday!! I'd hate to have to get rid of it!! I might try it in my mums bath to see if it will stick properly then I'll know if it's the bath or not coz hers is wider than mine! I really hope it's just faulty or I'm gonna have to get the cheaper version where the front doesn't come off :( Jaycee had one and it always scratched her legs getting in and out :(
Blimey yours is strong!! If it's just my bath I can't send it back, would you like me to send it to you??xx

awwww thanks for the offer hun, that's really kind of you but now that Jake has been in the bath twice without the seat I don't think he would go back into it now as he loves the freedom and is doing just fine without it which amazes me, I was scared putting him in without the seat, thanks so much though for the offer xxx

No probs babe :) aww bless him!! Bet he loves it!
I tried it in my mums bath and it wouldn't stick so it must be faulty! Kinda annoyed coz I'll have to go thru the motions to get it changed but pleased that I should be able to use a new one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back