• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jamesy's Finger **updated finally with pic**

Tillytots

Reaction score
Well we finally got around to going to the hospital today about James' extra finger. The hospital is a 2hour drive away but we got there :D I was terrified after my visit to the docs on thurs as the doc was adamant they would put James to sleep to remove it and I said Id rather him keep the finger than be put to bubeyes, I felt he was too litttle. Anyway, the man we saw was excellent. They wont put him to sleep after all :cheer: I have to starve James from 4 in the morning and be at hozzy early. I have to go into operating theatre with him and feed him whilst they inject local anaesthetic and then hold him whilst they cut it off and quarterize and stitch. Im totally happy with that so in the next 3 weeks he will have just 10 fingers and not 11 :lol:

here it is

Jamesinhisbumbo004.jpg

its only hanging on by a small tag of skin

Jamesinhisbumbo005.jpg

Aww bless him. Sounds a lot for such a little baby :( . At least it'll be all sorted though. He'll not remember.

poor baby, a local sounds better than a general anaesthetic though :hug: :hug:

aww bless him! sounds alot but better then putting him to sleep! hope it all goes well tilly!

Oh, Sarah, I didn't know about him having an extra finger! Bless him! Glad they can get it sorted for him! xxx

I didn't realise he had an extra finger. I feel so sorry for you having to comfort him during and after the operation :( I hope he's not in too much pain. Big hugs!

bless him
hope it goes well hun and it doesnt hurt for too long
xx

Awww hope he not in too much pain :hug: xx

thanks girls. I hope it goes ok. Its on the 7th August....2days before my birthday. Il have to take a decent pic of it to show you. Its got no bone in it and is just like a skin tag really but it has a nail which I have to cut lol!!

Awww bless him. At least they will try and see him first shouldnt be too difficult to deal with him being hungry, and if he sleeps in the car that will help.

:hug:

Aw the poor mite! He'll be ok tho probably will be right as rain the afternoon after! Good luck you two x

Hopefully it won't be too much hard work starving him :(

I hope it all goes well :hug: :hug:

Hey honey :wave:

Just thought id post as Ruby had a skin taggy thing on the outside of her ear and apparantly she was trying to grow another ear :shock: was only tiny though but looked exactly like a skin tag, im trying to dig a photo for you to see.
She had exactly the same thing done as your little one is having done, and they were fab and she was good as gold, when we were in theatre i watched them cut it off an cauterize it and she didnt even flinch!! They put some cream on about an hour before which numbs it which was great tbh. Are they seeing your little one first thing? we got there about 7 and they saw her at 8.

Ill get that pic xx

hey Maria :wave:

oh yeah! we have such special babies growing spare parts :lol: :lol:

We have to be there at 7am so hopefully they will do exactly the same and use some numbing cream!! xxx

Hey there... :wave:

How interesting is this thread as I also have a 'spare part' baby!! James has a skin tag on his ear... I was also told it was the beginnings of another ear!

SV400022-1.jpg

We are going to see the surgeon about having James' removed in a couple of weeks. We saw him first when James was a few weeks old and he suggested operating at 12 months but gave me the impression it would be under general anasthetic :think:. I wonder if it is because his is bigger?

Maria- How old was your little lady when she had hers removed? And can you see the scar now?

Hello :wave:

There is a tiny scar almost unoticable and she was just under 2 months old, they said they would do it sooner rather than later in case it got bigger. Ill take a photo tom and post it up so you can see scar!

Good luck both of you xxxx i think it hurts us more than the little one tbh :hug: :hug:

that is quite amazing. Im glad he can get it removed without being put under.
What are they going to do with the 11th finger. Imagine when he goes to school being able to tell his friends he had 11 fingers.

I cant believe it has a nail, what a boy! :hug:

wow, i didnt know jamesy baby had 11 fingers! apparently, children born with extra digits are very smart.

glad ot can be sorted without him being put to sleep, i hate general anaesthetics - so upsetting xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back