• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jack got rushed into hospital for an operation :-(

Krystal

Reaction score
What a night!

Picked Jack up from nursery last night and one of the girls said she had noticed swelling to his right testicle but he hadn't seemed to have been in pain, when I got him home I checked and it was swollen with what felt like a lump inside so I called NHS 24. They told me to take him straight to A&E.

I thought that he'd probably just have an infection and maybe antibiotics. The docs were worried that his testicle had twisted which meant that if it had been left over 6 hours he would lose it as the tissue would have died. They weren't sure though and we had about 6-7 docs/surgeons checking him. Unfortunately it's one of these things that until they look inside they can never be sure but good sign was that he wasn't in pain :pray:

We got transferred through to Newcastle RVI at about midnight, Jack loved the blue flashing lights in the ambulance :lol: He had his operation at 2:30 this morning. Holding him whilst he was being put to sleep was horrible and I was just cat crying. Stupid Mammy lol. Anyway turns out something was twisted but not his actual testicle, something a bit like appendix which don't actually do anything for you so they removed it. He has a little scar but apart from that he's fine and dandy and being his usual terror self. We got released this afternoon and just caught up on some sleep as we were all shattered.

So.. if you notice swelling to your little boys balls take him to A&E as soon as possible. This is something I never even knew about and if i wasn't for NHS24 I may have even waited until I could see the doc the next day as I didn't think it was serious! :)

oh my! poor jack! (and you) hope he is feeling better soon, i will be keeping an eye out for swelling too.x

Oh no what a shock it must have been but so glad the op went well and everything sorted now and on the mend.

So glad he is ok.... what a scare for you all tho :hug:

Oh poor Jack and poor you Krystal! So glad everything is fine - hope he recovers well.

Valentine Xxx

That must have been a shock, glad he is OK :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Must have been a shock for you hun, glad you're all ok and glad he enjoyed his ambulance ride :D xxxx

Blumming heck what a night, Glad he is ok and loved his Blue light ride.

Its such a horrible feeling having a poorley LO, glad he wasnt in pain :hug:

Must've been a bit of a shock to hear that.

I will definitely keep an eye out on Bruce's area to make sure nothing is wrong. Thanks for the advice.

Poor Jack :( I hope it heals quickly :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'd never heard of that before, probably a good thing to know with 2 boys!

Im so sorry he had to go through that.

Thanks also for highlighting it, I will watch out for it !

Laura x

Oh gosh poor jack and you krystal!

I hope he bounces back quick and you get over your shock!

Thanks though - ive never seen anything like that on my lad but will keep a look out on now!

:shock: Crikey :shock:

How scary for you...Hope the poor little Fellas alright now!

:hug:

OMG thank god you got it checked and I'm glad he is ok :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Just saw your FB status. Poor Jack.
So glad he is back home and ok now.
xxx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara