• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ivf information

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
i cant remember all the details BUT. my friend wanted to have IVF treatment but it was too costly. so she found through word of mouth, about a clinic in London (i cant recall where) where they gave you free IVF treatment but you had to give half your eggs produced to egg donation. i think the clinic was in Chelsea. i cant get in touch with my old mate as i dont know where she is now.

I've got a feeling that I've heard about that. I'm sure there was something in the news the last couple of weeks. The media were basically twisting it saying that it preyed on the poor and it was unethical.

I'm certain that they'll make you take counselling before you are allowed to donate your eggs, so if you're comfortable with that and until they sort out the postcode lottery, why not, I say.

I think it sounds like a lovely thing, i dont see why the media have to say everything is bad! its not peoples fault that they cant have babies, so this service is helping them and other people because alot of people cant afford ivf with the stupid prices!

ps: Good luck Helen!!!! :pray:

davina said:
i cant remember all the details BUT. my friend wanted to have IVF treatment but it was too costly. so she found through word of mouth, about a clinic in London (i cant recall where) where they gave you free IVF treatment but you had to give half your eggs produced to egg donation. i think the clinic was in Chelsea. i cant get in touch with my old mate as i dont know where she is now.

Davina a lot of fertility clinics and hospitals now offer Egg Share schemes, where you can have IVF at a reduced price if you donate half your eggs to a recipient. You only pay around £600 per cycle rather than anything up to £4000+.

You have to fit the "Egg Share Criteria", such as age, weight etc...and have councelling and various health and genetic screens before you can be approved.

-As of April 2005 it became the law that egg donation is no longer annoymous, so any children concieved as a result of this can now locate their "natural" parents if they so wish once they turn 18. This means that egg donors are now very short in supply. This is always a big consideration before going ahead with an Egg Share option.

Your friend may want to take a look at this website, which covers many aspects of egg donation http://www.dcnetwork.org/

If you want any additional info, feel free to PM me.

thanks for that, but i only posted that for people that didnt know about it and were considering IVF. i am one of the lucky ones that seem to have no problem with falling pregnant.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back