I've taken a sick day to try and survive

stumpyjoe

Reaction score
I'm really struggling at work. I'm only getting 2/4 hours sleep a night and now I'm full of cold plus yesterday I had an extra meeting after school and then my antenatal class so I was out the house for 14 hours! I'm working of course - marking books etc but I just couldn't face getting up getting ready and going in feeling like this. So I'm sat comfortable on my bed with my water, remote control, work and my feet up (they are still so swollen).
Has anyone else had to take time off on the sick just to survive?

i had to i had 2 shifts left to go and couldnt do them but it was cause i had terrible flu and couldnt cope with seeing patients who i was more unwell than!! listen to your body and take more time out if u need to xx

Your just right stumpy. I don't know how you ladies have worked for so long. I stopped mid december because it was hurting my back sitting all day. Mind you, I work for myself so can take off whenever. Couldn't have worked right up til now, definitely not.

I feel much better - thanks ladies. I don't usually take time off sick in the last 6 years this is my third day off. I feel so guilty especially if I have GCSE classes:-(

I feel much better - thanks ladies. I don't usually take time off sick in the last 6 years this is my third day off. I feel so guilty especially if I have GCSE classes:-(

3 days in 6 years? Are you insane? Lol how can you not get ill sometimes?

good for you for chilling out! i basically left work 3 weeks earlier than planned because i couldnt be fucked with them all and i was being treated unfairly. so thought stuff this, and i aint going back there for shit! x

I had to leave work early because i basicaly couldnt do anything. Even cooking was a struggle because everything is was so far down xxx

Ha ha I get sick all the time but rarely really I'll I just soldier through. As I'm a teacher we get lots of time off so it feels wrong being off during term time and I always have important classes - I feel guilty it's the kids gcses after all.

good for you for chilling out! i basically left work 3 weeks earlier than planned because i couldnt be fucked with them all and i was being treated unfairly. so thought stuff this, and i aint going back there for shit! x

This is the best post I have read! Straight to the point and a little swear word - love it! I don't blame you that'll teach them!

Ha ha I get sick all the time but rarely really I'll I just soldier through. As I'm a teacher we get lots of time off so it feels wrong being off during term time and I always have important classes - I feel guilty it's the kids gcses after all.

And that's why your probably a good teacher! I would be rubbish lol

im exhausted =( nearly 33 weeks , working up to 37 iin the nhs where im on my feet all the time :'( got varicose veins down below. i feel like crying .............

im exhausted =( nearly 33 weeks , working up to 37 iin the nhs where im on my feet all the time :'( got varicose veins down below. i feel like crying .............

Oh Hun I feel your pain! It's hard isn't it. Holding in there you can do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back