• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It's official I'm pregnant but what happens now?

Dani2810

Reaction score
So I had my appointment with doc yesterday and she has now reffered me (approximate 8 wks pg)-I'm presuming to the maternity unit at my local hospital she said I'll get my letter through the post in 2 weeks but I'm just anxious to know what happens next docs was a bit fast so my mind has gone blank do I get appointment to see midwife 1st or will it be appointment for scan...I'm confused!

you normally get a letter of a midwife to go see her to ask questions about health etc and maybe take bloods, and a scan date will come through the post this is normally around 12-14 weeks to have the scan done x

Congrats. Everyone ask the same question what happens next. I really dont know my self but i know you defo see your midwife before your 12 week scan. xx

I saw the midwife around 6 weeks just after I found out as in my gp surgery u don't need to see a doc. At this she just took details of approx period dates weighed me, bp, had to do a wee sample which she tested with a stick and gave me folic acid. Before my 10 week appointment I had my scan date.

Then around 10 weeks I had official booking in appointment. She told me beforehand to find a bit out about mine and oh family history. At this appointment she took bloods for HIV, syphilis and the rest of them. Another urine sample and checked bp. Rest of it was took up by questions about history. At the end she rang my docs where I usually see her to book me an appointment at 16weeks. Also coz my mum had pregnancy diabetes she sorted an appointment for that test in march.*

Sorry for the essay! Hope it helps a bit! But from what ive read on here, everywhere is a bit different xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back