• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Its all going a bit tits up!

nori

Reaction score
Hello ladies, me again! :roll:

As you may know ive been having a bit of a crap week. Well its not getting any better.

Since Ollies first set of jabs hes had a dodgy tummy (sickness and diorreah) hes been clingy (wont let me put him down for naps) Hes been crying more in the evenings and hes sleeping during the day and not at night! It's a nightmare and im not sleeping atall which in turn is making me teary.

My OH is trying to help out but if he has a screaming Ollie i still need to do the things during the day which i havent had a chance to do so still dont sleep. Hes going to have him this afternoon so may get a couple of hours then.

Ive decided to keep a diary of what happens in the day to show the HV. Maybe there is somthing i can change to get back into the old routine. I thought of trying to keep him awake a bit more in the day but then that may make him over tired and then it will be worse. :wall:

On a positive note.. his tummy is settling thank god!

Any tips ladies before i finally crack up?? How do i get him back to his old self? I know its probably only coincidence but im dreading his next set of jabs!!

Claire x

:hug: It's really exhausting when they get out of their routine :hug:

Good idea to keep notes to show the HV. I think you just probably need to try and let him have little naps in the day so he is tired at bedtime, but easier said than done I know. They can get really cranky if you wake them and its hard to disturb them when they look so settled and comfy :( But its for his own good, and yours so maybe wake him gently and let him sleep a little less during the day :think:

Good luck and I hope you have a nice rest while OH takes over :hug:

Logan's routine always got upset by jabs too, after a week he'd go back though.

Sandi

If its a coincidence that he isnt well, I think a bug usually takes about 10 to 14 days to appear, make your life hell then go.

If its the jags then im afraid I dont know, sorry.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

oh no, i hope its not the jabs as blakes due his first ones soon

Hope you managed to get some rest
Im still waiting for Collier to sleep through the night so i sympathise :hug:
Keeping a diary is a good idea you will be able to see patterns and changes more clearly.

Calpol should help. Other than that, try to keep things super low key between 7pm and 7am. No eye contact no talking. Just Lots of love, cuddles and whatever else LO seems to need. my LO always slept in hismoses basket then his cot but he has had two really bad colds and on those occassions hubby has vacated the bed and Austin has slept with me as he simply refused to be put down. Might be worth considering if you aren'talready doing it. When they are ill you just have to let them have whatever they need then worry about getting back into routine when they are better. During the day perhaps try to get out for some fresh air if for no other reason than to give yourself a change of scene. Sory my advice is a little slim on the ground, Austin was always very grotty after jabs but it tended to clear up after 48 hours. If your little one also has a cold then you might be in for a longer haul. Lot's of hugs and definetly use that hubby of yours even if it just means you get a couple more hours of kip!

Becs x x :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back