Items from your childhood ...

Constantstar

Reaction score
Hey girls just wondering if u have kept anything from your childhood to pass onto little one?
I remember I had his nursery rhyme book ad I loved it!! Beautiful illustrations, classic fables and rhymes i really wanted my little boy to have a copy but no idea where mine went! Couldn't remember the name or anything so I've been scouring the internet for days and last night at like 3 am ( couldn't sleep) I found it!!! Recognised the cover!!
56870073-51f7-0064.jpg

So it's been ordered and can't wait to share the rhymes and fables with him! My nan bought me my original many years ago and is she is no longer here so it's a bit like it's her present to baby if u know what I mean :) got it in very good condition for 3 pounds Inc delivery :)

Anyone saved anything or looking for anything they had for little one? Xx

my mum has always kept my Paddington Bear blanket, that we are going to use! and a crochet blanket my nan's neighbour made for me when i was a baby, needs a little repairing but wont take much! neither my nan or her friend are with us any longer so thought it would be nice to repair and use the blanket! x

We had a blanket that hubby had from birth, which his Mam passed onto her first grandson, then was passed onto my son who's now 6! But somehow we've lost it in transit from our move to Germany! But we still have our 4 yo dauhters blnket that she's had from birth! Gutted xx

no, don't think so :( but there could be something like that at my parents' house I guess.

I have a cuddly toy that my husband gave me when we just started dating. It's an eeyore that holds a heart with a writing on it that says "Nobody loves you as much as I do". It's very cute and cuddly. I'm thinking of giving it to the lil one :)

They still do the retro Fischer price toys that I had as a kid (a gazillion years ago). I'm deffo gonna get my bubs a set.

I was trying to think of the things I loved as a kid and came up with:
Mr frosty
Silvanian Families
Polly pocket
Those pretend plastic kitchens with pots pans and shopping! The advert on telly was the girl stirring the cold beans in the plastic sauce pan and I always wanted to do that!!

They r the things I remember! Bet there's more can't think off hand x

My two have had stuff of mine and wrecked it :( the most memorable being a tea set my grandpa and nan had at their house that theyvr stood on all the plates and smashed them! E took a shine to my childhood teddy but I nipped that in the bud cos I still sleep with him :lol:

Maisie has the shawl my sister and i had, and some clothes. When she gets older i'll give her my dolls house :)

I don't have my original book, but will definitely be buying The Very Hungry Caterpillar for my LO! Loved that book so much!

I've got a blanket that both my brother and me had when we were babies and my teddy bear my uncle bought me when I was born.

I don't have my original book, but will definitely be buying The Very Hungry Caterpillar for my LO! Loved that book so much!

Lol I loved the very hungry caterpillar, I even have the ltd edition mugs they brought out for the recent anniversary :) so you can imagine how chuffed I was when I rummaged through my Mums loft the other day and found my original childhood copy!!! Am gonna enjoy sharing that with my little man :)

I have my old cot which Im stripping down and repainting:)
I have alot of old teddies and dolls but to be honest they are quite precious to me and although I probably didnt give a hoot about them when i was younger, i couldnt bear for them to be badly treated now!
Mite take one out but thats it.
Also have my old christening robe which my great aunt hand made so will be using that :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back