Itchy!!!!

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My legs have been itching for days, I can't get to the bottom of it... I'm ready to scream:wall2:

I've already had a cry last night ... DH didn't know what to do so he patted my head :shock:

My legs are now red raw, and it hurts too much to scratch

I tried putting E45 on them, but it did no good

Can I take an anti-histamine?

My pregnancy magazine said if you have to take antihistamines during pregnancy, avoid the new or own brand ones, and go for something reliable like piritin, which has been around forever. Any that contain loratadine or chlorphenamine are considered to be the safe ones, but whatever you go for I'd suggest phoning the midwife or out of hours gp for advice first xx

I have had this too and its rreally hard not to scratch them. I havent put anything on them as the backs of my hands are the same and when I put e45 creamon them it makes them sting and look worse but then it does calm them down xx

Tweetyfoo, I don't mean to alarm or scare you but itching like this in pregnancy can be a sign of a thing that I cannot remember the name of. I am pretty sure you are too early in your pregnancy to have this but it does no harm to be well informed.

Go to Tri 3 section and read the sticky called Obstetric Cholestasis, I hope it settles for you soon!

Hi hunny :)

I had a night of really itchy legs i thought it was because i shaved & they was growing back LOL.

I think onec you itch anyway your blood gets hot & the more itching you do the more hotter your blood becomes making it even itchey.

I put cold water on mine to cool it down then put a load of sudo cream all over & its been fine since :)

xx

Last edited:
Thanks hun, it really is making me cry, its so painful now

I would speak to your midwife about this hun before taking anything as it could be a sign of PUPP , google it please and please seek medical advice before you take any anti-histamine tablet :)

Try and keep your legs cool hun, hope it gets better soon :hug: xx

Hey! I have no cure but last pg I was really itchy-was something to do with the pg hormone in your blood. My legs are itchy buy I just try and keep cool and avoid hot water or sweating that seems to aggravate it.

Sorry you want to rip your legs off but try a cream from pharmacy not e45? Hope it gets better! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back