• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Itchy rash

BEX101

Reaction score
:(

hello there, I've had itching on my hands for ages now (bin tested for obstetric cholistis but inconclusive) but the itching has got loads worse! I'm now itching all up my arms, legs and belly. Now i've got a rash. Small pinprick red spots and some sightly larger ones with fluid in them. It is driving me up the wall!!!!!!!
The rash isnt necesaraly apearing where i'm itching loads so i dont think its just me scratching myself raw.

Do you think its just one of the joys of pregnancy or something else?

It could be eczema - I've developed something similar on my hand recently. You might need to change your washing powder or soap etc.

I had an AWFUL rash when I was pregnant with DD - great big welts all over my legs, feet, belly and arms.

this time round I've had a slight rash on my legs but nowhere near as bad as during my first pregnancy.

Still I've put it down to rashes being a "normal" thing in pregnancy - at least for me anyway.

Obstetric cholestasis is not normally associated with rash, but if your hands (and/or) feet are still very itchy, it's worthwhile ruling the possibility of OC out again. The rash sounds like something called PUPPP (pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy!) - which basically means lots of itchy bumps in pregnancy. More info on the Web I'm sure. May be worth chatting with yr midwife/doctor about piriton, if you've not got long to go. Hope that helps:)

I'm the same, with the rash all over my arms :( I've been told I can't take antihistimines, piriton, benadryl or anything like that, the only thing I can use is calamine lotion!

:hug:

pop a wet flannel in the fridge! its great for when its to hot and itchy to sleep.

Cooled my feet down wonders when i was pg and itching!!

or pop to your doc and get some aquis (sp) cream. smothering myself in it seemed to help me.

OMG!!!!! Its unbearable!!!!!!!

I dont know how long i can put up with this :(

Cant sleep, waking up scratching myself raw, tried just about every cream you've all mentioned. Piriton insnt taking the edge off it ust wana cry.

:wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back