Itchy nipples and breast feeding help

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Just posted this in the third trimester and thought it was worth posting here as well.

Just read this about natural remedies for itchy nipples and discovered something else very interesting as well!

Thought I would pass it on

"Olive oil, sweet almond oil, lanolin, or comfrey ointment rubbed into the nipples throughout the latter part of the pregnancy and the beginning weeks of nursing create healthy, flexible tissues very resistant to cracks, tears, and chapping."

Worth a try.

Will be getting a stash of extra virgin olive oil in at the next available opportunity!

cool I actaully have a little bottle of almond oil, so I will get using it, smells yum to as its cosmetic grade oil.

Have to say I have now being using olive oil on my nipples for 24 hours and the difference it has made to their softness is brilliant!

They haven't itched for nearly a whole day!

If some people react to some moiturisers - it could be lanolin - I know of a few people who are allergic to it and became allergic when pregnant - so watch out for that one.
Sorry don't wanna worry people...

Actually I am now an olive oil convert. Its wonderful! So natural and so lovely to use on the boobies!

Its brilliant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back