Is this ok to eat???

Bexter

Reaction score
Ok, one of my favourite sandwiches is Tesco's Chicken and Stuffing Wedge.
When reading the contents table i saw it contains mayonnaise (which contains eggs).
As eggs must be cooked etc, DH is unsure whether i ought to be eating it!
:wall:

Can someone please tell me if you think this is ok as i am hungry and want my sandwich!!!

Af far as I know its only home made mayonnaise that you need to avoid as that uses raw eggs but I thought the jar stuff was fine cos it has to be processed to last.

The VAST VAST majority of mayonnaise is pasteurised and poses no danger.

It really is only homemade or UNpasteurised mayo pregnant women should avoid, I'd ask if I was in a restaurant but never worried at home. It was always out of a jar in ours! :D

Thanks again girls. DH worries so much!! (bless him)

:shock: ive been avoiding mayonaise for the entire pregnancy as i didnt think any was safe.

i love mayo lol

i only found this out from one of my work colleagues the other day as well, apparently most labels say whether its pasterised but most store bought mayonaise or mayo products are so we can eat them. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I love peanut butter, and my OH said - " You can still eat that becasue it doesn't contain real nuts" ............. bless him :wall:

Piglet xx

Most shop-bought sandwiches will list the ingredients in the mayonnaise they use. As long as it says pastureised egg you are fine to eat it.

I was also worried about this, but now always check it's pasteurised and then it's ok to eat the mayonnaise.

K.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back