Is this normal?

*Cupcake*

Reaction score
Im finally home after 8 days in hospital! I feel so overwelmed to be home. I cant stop crying. Im happy and I love her so much it hurts but Im so scared something bad is going to happen to her. She was poorly after she was born and was put on IV antibiotics. I also had a horrid dream last night and now i jump every time shes quiet. I feel like Im going to turn in to a nervous wreck. Is this normal? Will I ever relax? Im so worried :'( I want to enjoy my time with her not worry something horrid might happen.

totally normal - I used to stay awake all night watching his chest rise and fall as I was scared that he would stop breathing.

:hug:

Most deff normal, I must disturb DD up 7 times a night by moving or prodding her to makes sure she's breathing.

completely :hug: I used ti find it was worse in the evenings - just felt like cloud of doom! :shock: but it does get better!

Baby smile was on antibiotics too as he kept forgetting to breathe! :roll: you would never think it to look at him now!

Take it easy and just enjoy your little one. xxxx :hug:

Perfectly normal and it willl get easier........... :hug: :hug:

Totally normal!!!!

Before I installed the breathing monitor in Mhairi's basket I used to fall asleep with my hand on her chest!!!

Better now!!

xxx

I agree with the others. I won't tell you not to worry because you will anyway but honestly it DOES get easier! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: Rachel21 :hug: :hug: :hug:
Personally I don't think I'll ever stop worrying or feeling guilty about things when it comes to Isaac, but its because like yourself, I love him, and its perfectly normal and does ease up :hug: :hug: :hug: I was in hospital 8 days too so know how it can be very emotional finally getting home, give it time, you will be fine, just talk to your OH and friends about your feelings, you're going to be just fine :hug: If you do feel you're not though, talk to your HV or GP, and take up some support you're entitled to :hug:

Thanks for your replies :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Im going to talk to the HV when she gets here. I guess it was silly of me to expect to feel normal again straight away. I thought when she was here I could relax and know shes safe. Now I want to put her back! I guess Ive got a whole life time of worrying about her in one way or another.

I still check that my son is breathing and he's nearly 3! Don't worry it's entirely normal. We're all just lovely caring mummys!

DebbieM said:
Totally normal. I do it all the time!

Me too, I drive OH mad nudging him in the night to check if I cant hear her breathing :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back