Is this dreaded 4 month growth spurt - anyone else?

daftscotslass

Reaction score
Today was a particularly sucky day. Becky has been sleeping till 5.30/6am from 7.30pm for the past few weeks. In the last week we've gone from 5.30... to 5... to 4.30... to 4... to 3.30... I have totally taken her sleeping through for granted! Then she was WIDE awake at 6am so I brought her into bed with me and she slept till 9. The whole day has been a misery as she has been hanging onto me all day (so I only got things done with her in the sling), sleeping, feeding (constantly, anything up to 8oz every 2 hours) and whinging. I dared go to the toilet, putting her in her playpen for just a moment and came back about 30 seconds later and she was inconsolable. She is drooling and gumming for Britain, too, so growth spurt and teething = misery! She was fine unless she lost sight of me for a second!

When she napped, she napped on me. She doesn't have a temperature, dodgy tummy and seems well in herself - she brightened right up when OH came home!

Any tips for surviving? Suck it up and ride it out? :lol:

Yup sounds like a growth spurt and teething to me!! What a joyous combination!! lol

THere aint much you can do aside from give her some powder or sommat for her gums and just demand feed.
The other thing i did with James was just to entertain him as much as poss and wear him out so i at least got SOME sleep at night...

Only consolation is that it doesnt last forever!! ANd when it settles you find that bubs wil be loads happier and settled and really starts to develop even quicker from this point on which is so lovely and exciting to watch!
:cheer: :hug: :hug:

sounds just like us. We are definetly teething now as everything gets chomped on including her hand, my hand, OH's hand the sky remote - anything really that's within her grasp. She also started to drain her 8oz bottles and look for more :roll:

On a brighter note she is also keeping most of her milk down (only one projectile vomit in the last two days and that landed on the dogs head :rotfl: )

Oh yeah sounds like the 4 month spurt. Calleigh has been on it for a while :wall:
Like Becky, Calleigh went from sleeping through to slowly waking up earlier and earlier and now we are currently waking up roughly every four hours for a feed from about 7.30pm till we get up at about 9am. Her feeding has also become so erratic. Feeding sometimes alot, sometimes very little and she is ever so fussy on me :(
I am still waiting for it to end :wink:

Sounds very familiar to me!!! But with regards to nighttime, i've started feeding Angel half a rusk at 9pm. She looked very ready and loves it. Now She can sleep from 10.30-7am. One day it was 7.35am, quick booby feed then asleep at 8am-9-45! It has made a world of difference. It happened instantly the first night i gave her it too! As she was starting again with 2-3 nighttime wake ups! But she is also clingy, sleeps on me and once she gets crying she won't stop. Yesterday i went to my mum's for the day. She lives 100miles away. She screamed for 90 of them miles home, proper ear piercing screams! I was driving and had to make OH take over as i couldn't concentrate anymore. As he wasn't driving he had no need to focus and managed to ignore it. Bless him though took the strain off me as i was getting upset.
I think it must be a mix of a phase and and teething as well as a growth spurt. Has an emotional toll on me but with her sleeping longer now it helps.

Oh this sounds just like what im going through too.

We are back to feeding 3 hourly in the night too.

Having been so happy that Emms was sleeping through the night for the last 6 weeks, on Saturday night she woke twice for a feed and then has woken once the last 2 nights! I knew it was too good to be true! I think she might be going through a growth spurt. Eveything goes in her mouth too and she just seems hungry so much. Hope things go back to the way they were for both of us!! :hug: :hug:

Thanks all... least I'm not alone! She slept till 5.30 this morning and then till 9 in bed with me. Currently cooing to herself. Will see what kind of a day we have today! :hug: She's got the hospital tomorrow for a blood test (hopefully the last) so that will probably unsettle her for the remainder of tomorrow!

:hug:

Yeah scrap what i said before! Last night we were up at 1.45am and 4am before she got up at 7! And she happily polished of her rusk before bed!!!

Today was a particularly sucky day. Becky has been sleeping till 5.30/6am from 7.30pm for the past few weeks. In the last week we've gone from 5.30... to 5... to 4.30... to 4... to 3.30... I have totally taken her sleeping through for granted! Then she was WIDE awake at 6am so I brought her into bed with me and she slept till 9. The whole day has been a misery as she has been hanging onto me all day (so I only got things done with her in the sling), sleeping, feeding (constantly, anything up to 8oz every 2 hours) and whinging. I dared go to the toilet, putting her in her playpen for just a moment and came back about 30 seconds later and she was inconsolable. She is drooling and gumming for Britain, too, so growth spurt and teething = misery! She was fine unless she lost sight of me for a second!

When she napped, she napped on me. She doesn't have a temperature, dodgy tummy and seems well in herself - she brightened right up when OH came home!

Any tips for surviving? Suck it up and ride it out? :lol:

Yup sounds like a growth spurt and teething to me!! What a joyous combination!! lol

THere aint much you can do aside from give her some powder or sommat for her gums and just demand feed.
The other thing i did with James was just to entertain him as much as poss and wear him out so i at least got SOME sleep at night...

Only consolation is that it doesnt last forever!! ANd when it settles you find that bubs wil be loads happier and settled and really starts to develop even quicker from this point on which is so lovely and exciting to watch!
:cheer: :hug: :hug:

sounds just like us. We are definetly teething now as everything gets chomped on including her hand, my hand, OH's hand the sky remote - anything really that's within her grasp. She also started to drain her 8oz bottles and look for more :roll:

On a brighter note she is also keeping most of her milk down (only one projectile vomit in the last two days and that landed on the dogs head :rotfl: )

Oh yeah sounds like the 4 month spurt. Calleigh has been on it for a while :wall:
Like Becky, Calleigh went from sleeping through to slowly waking up earlier and earlier and now we are currently waking up roughly every four hours for a feed from about 7.30pm till we get up at about 9am. Her feeding has also become so erratic. Feeding sometimes alot, sometimes very little and she is ever so fussy on me :(
I am still waiting for it to end :wink:

Sounds very familiar to me!!! But with regards to nighttime, i've started feeding Angel half a rusk at 9pm. She looked very ready and loves it. Now She can sleep from 10.30-7am. One day it was 7.35am, quick booby feed then asleep at 8am-9-45! It has made a world of difference. It happened instantly the first night i gave her it too! As she was starting again with 2-3 nighttime wake ups! But she is also clingy, sleeps on me and once she gets crying she won't stop. Yesterday i went to my mum's for the day. She lives 100miles away. She screamed for 90 of them miles home, proper ear piercing screams! I was driving and had to make OH take over as i couldn't concentrate anymore. As he wasn't driving he had no need to focus and managed to ignore it. Bless him though took the strain off me as i was getting upset.
I think it must be a mix of a phase and and teething as well as a growth spurt. Has an emotional toll on me but with her sleeping longer now it helps.

Oh this sounds just like what im going through too.

We are back to feeding 3 hourly in the night too.

Having been so happy that Emms was sleeping through the night for the last 6 weeks, on Saturday night she woke twice for a feed and then has woken once the last 2 nights! I knew it was too good to be true! I think she might be going through a growth spurt. Eveything goes in her mouth too and she just seems hungry so much. Hope things go back to the way they were for both of us!! :hug: :hug:

Thanks all... least I'm not alone! She slept till 5.30 this morning and then till 9 in bed with me. Currently cooing to herself. Will see what kind of a day we have today! :hug: She's got the hospital tomorrow for a blood test (hopefully the last) so that will probably unsettle her for the remainder of tomorrow!

:hug:

Yeah scrap what i said before! Last night we were up at 1.45am and 4am before she got up at 7! And she happily polished of her rusk before bed!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back