Is there a link?

jimjams

Reaction score
Have just had a call from my surgery and the urine sample I gave on Friday has come back saying that I have a small infection. When I had my miscarriage in may I had an infection in my leg. I was only 4 weeks in may, but this time was 10 weeks. Will these infections have anything to do with my miscarriages, is it worth speaking to the doctor about this. Or am I just putting two and two together xxx

Hi Jimjams, I'm so sorry to hear this has happened to you, I remember chatting to you when we had both had our disappointing scans and were hoping things were ok. I'm so sorry it hasn't worked out. It's turned out the same way for me too, I had a scan on Tuesday and found there was no heartbeat, just waiting for nature to take its course now.
Regarding infections - I think it would be unlikely that your leg infection would be the cause as the infections that can cause miscarriages are quite specific. It's also probably a different bug to the one they found in your urine, but I would mention it to your doctor though, just in case. Sorry to not be more help xx

I think I will mention it next week when I go. I am so sorry that you are going through this too. Have they booked you in for a d & c yet or are they saying you will pass naturally. I passed our baby naturally in the early hours of Saturday morning. I am still having cramps but not as painful as they were, plus no bleeding today.
Was just something my friend said about it may be connected
Xxx

I've not been booked in for anything, just waiting for another scan on Tuesday to confirm it, but it sounds like that's just a formality really. I'm bleeding red now do I think it might pass naturally before Tuesday anyway...not sure what to expect really xx

I'm sorry this happened, hang in there , sounds corney, but it really does get easier with time.

I would mention it to the docs, you have nothing to loose by asking, and everything to gain xX

good luck when your ready to ttc again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back