Is lobster safe to eat??

X5OT

Reaction score
We are off to Florida on Wed for 2 weeks, and one of this things I love to eat when in the US is lobster - yummy!!

Can anyone tell me whether it is safe to eat during pregnancy?

Thanks in advance!

:cheer: yippee off on hols.. lucky you!!!

Tell the restaurant you are pregnant and want to make sure it's well cooked. But to be honest, i don't see that being an issue.... the states worry about suing and i am sure it will be well cooked.... Lobster also cooks quickly so the chances of any Raw bits...well i imagine slim...

Watch the sauces are not made from anything raw too... eggs etc..

But hey... YUMMY YUMMY.... I am a scuba instructor when not pregnant and love to get fresh Scallops, lobster etc... ah ah miss it :roll: But worth it.

Lv Yvonne xx

I've had lobster quite a few times.
As said above, just make sure it's freshly cooked, and it'll be fine.
Enjoy!
(BTW, are you going to Red Lobster restaurants? I love that chain!!!)

fynemum said:
But hey... YUMMY YUMMY.... I am a scuba instructor when not pregnant and love to get fresh Scallops, lobster etc... ah ah miss it :roll: But worth it.

Lv Yvonne xx

Lobster here I come then! We are both PADI divers - originally planned our trip to spend 2 weeks diving Florida Keys, but have had to alter that plan. Thrilled I am pregnant but gutted we won't be diving. I guess the plus side is that we don't have to lug all our gear with us! Funnily enough though, when we were in Jamaica a few years ago, one of the diving instructors said she had continued diving throughout most of her pregnancy with no problems. Ah well, there's always next year :D

OopsyDaisy said:
I've had lobster quite a few times.
As said above, just make sure it's freshly cooked, and it'll be fine.
Enjoy!
(BTW, are you going to Red Lobster restaurants? I love that chain!!!)

LOL, yes, we always go to Red Lobster. It's really funny, as we think the lobster there is excellent (Rock Lobster tail is my personal favourite!) comapred with the rubbish you get in the UK. But our American friends think we are mad, coz Red Lobster is sort of like McDonalds in their eyes!!

X5OT said:
Lobster here I come then! We are both PADI divers - originally planned our trip to spend 2 weeks diving Florida Keys, but have had to alter that plan. Thrilled I am pregnant but gutted we won't be diving. I guess the plus side is that we don't have to lug all our gear with us! Funnily enough though, when we were in Jamaica a few years ago, one of the diving instructors said she had continued diving throughout most of her pregnancy with no problems. Ah well, there's always next year :D

Where do you live? I am in East Kilbride Glasgow...My partner is also a scuba instructor.......We better not bore everyone here on the PG forum... but hey! love to have a chat sometime.... maybe we can even meet up for some diving? ? ? ok we need to wait.. but hey.. if our other halfs do the first dive and we do shore/ boat cover (baby sitting :rotfl: ) then they can cover us for the next dive... We have excellent diving in Scotland.... Cold But great...... I am sure we could sort something out? OK no i am excited again.....

P.S. I done a lot of research into Pregnancy and diving.... and it's really not a good idea... Tell you more in future chat.. :wall: :rotfl: Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back