Is it the baby moving?

Lyonsb

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have been desperately trying to coax my baby into wriggling about for me for the past week - getting my OH to sing the alphabet to my tummy and other random things like that! :0)

BUT - after something my friend said today, I'm wondering whether I may have already felt him or her moving around...

My friend said that her baby moving at this stage felt like the kind of twitch that you can sometimes get in your eye...well this is something that I HAVE felt but to be honest I just put it down to me either having a gurgling tummy and needing the toilet, or wind! As this is when it seems to be more prominent...So up until now I've just ignored it and thought COME ON BABY - MEET ME HALF WAY!! haha...

Can anyone describe how it feels to them or whether they think that what I've decribed sounds like my baby moving?

Cheers!

Brooke x x

For me at first it felt like bubbles in my lower belly, followed by really gentle pokes or taps....she soon went onto to kicking from there. Your feel it soon, and although it feels really weird at first, its also like the greatest feeling ever :D

Mine felt like nerves at first - like the butterflies you get in your tummy before an exam or something.

It's exciting to start feeling it, congratulations. :cheer:

To be honest, I have always found that baby's kicking brings on wind.. so in early weeks, when I feel that bubbling sort of gurgling feeling, it could very well be baby moving. It's more commonly described as butterflies but I've always described it as a gassy sort of feeling.. like there is alot of air in my system down there..

..it could very well be that. Even now, when she kicks, I get that windy feeling :oops:

Hey hun,

Thats exactly what I felt first of all... like a twitch was the only way I could describe it!!

:)

xxx

I felt a flutter across my tummy at about 16 weeks while I was sat in the cinema and it took my breath away 'cause it was so unexpected...I think she must have rolled over or something! After that it was feelings like "wind" and little rumbles in my tummy, then I could feel pokes and digs from inside! She was kicking my bladder for a bit but has stopped that for now lol! xxx

Aww thanks everyone!

I love knowing that I actually have felt the baby move now and what to look out for!

This morning as I was getting ready for work I felt 3 little twitches in a row and thought 'I think that was it!!' haha...I was holding my phone to my tummy at the time playing some cheesy 80's music to it haha...

I can't wait until my boyfriend can feel it too and share the excitement with me!!!

Yey!!!!

Brooke x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back