Flying in tri 1?

Laura78

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Hope you are all keep healthy!
I am only 5 weeks gone and was wondering if it was safe to fly during tri1? Anything I read online seems to suggest it's safe but I'm not convinced.
I think I need to fly with work in the next few weeks and wondering if I should try to get out of it. What do you think?

Where are you flying to?x

Hi Laura! I'm the same - only 5 weeks! I asked my doctor the same question about flying and they said it was fine. I think it really depends on how you feel in yourself - are you feeling sick yet? Doc says I needed to wear flight socks and make sure to keep walking around plus try and get a seat near the loo for all thoses wees!!! I'd definately check with your Doc or Midwife as everyone is different. Sorry it's not much help but I know how you feel - it's all so confusing knowing whats best to do! Good luck - hope all
goes well for you xx

It's only a 1 hour flight to Belfast. I'd be flying there and back in the same day tho,and that worries me too. I've got my first appt with my GP on Friday so will ask her then. Not feeling sick yet,just soooooooo tired!

If its only to Belfast then I wouldn't be worried at all.x

I agree with Mishi! I'm sure it would put your mind at rest if you spoke with your GP though.
Just look after yourself and remember you don't have to do anything you don't want to... you have precious cargo on board!!!:)

I had to fly to France a few times with work during early stages of Tri 1 and it worried me, so I completely understand. I spoke to my midwife and she said it is fine just make sure you are well hydrated. x

Yay Belfast! Call to mine for a cuppa :) lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I flew to Miami in Tri 1. It wasn't a pleasant experience, though mostly the things that caused me problems could have been avoided with a bit of preparation.

I'm sure you'll be completely fine on an hours flight to belfast though hun.

defo safe, wear dvt socks keep hydrated and keep near a loo x

Thanks ladies,I know I'm probably worrying about nothing. Just want to make sure this bean sticks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back