Is it just me who finds these really really.... really scary

I think its alot less scary when kids have them, i mean theyll pretend anythings a baby wont they but its when grown women trot them about that freaks me out, plus theyre like £400 !!

dolls are kind of creepy anyway - but these are SCARY with a capital scare!

they are so scary.i saw the programme too and i just felt sad for the women really as they were obviously trying to replace the babies they were missing IYKWIM. they are just so blummin freaky i think if i had 1 in the house it would be shut in a cupboard somewhere creepy

personally, i would like to get ones duplicated of all three of my boys just because they were such beautiful babies i would like to keep that image for ever.

but if i had them i dont know where i would put them :?

Didn't see the programme but I was buying our group1 carseat and this couple had one of those huge old carriage prams and I thought, man thats one damn big pram, but it was only when the assistant came up to us afterwards and said they had a fake doll baby in there and she was freaked out... they were in there asking about carseats and everything, and bought some clothes too. There's just something really wrong about it but I can't figure out the words.

I think a lot of people have them for reasons like Melanie's friend, to remember a baby that has passed. But I also think like Mel that it can't be helpful in the long term :?

I think they is ka-reepy! Eugh. :shock:

not my cupof tea but then I am not a doll fan but I can see why people have them. I don't think women who have them are mad, its what makes them happy so thats what matters. I don't understad why people insist on treating animals like babies but wouldn't think they were mad either.

I think they are weird, but I can see why a woman especially who had lost a baby would want one...when you've had that taken away from you, maybe you just need anything to hold and cuddle....it's kind of like the old woman where I used to live who used to push this old, empty pram up and down the street all day...I felt so sorry for her.....

................but I hope to god it doesn't turn out she was smuggling guns for the IRA,I'd feel like a right soppy prat then

Squiglet said:
I'm going to voice a taboo... But for me, they kinda look like dead babies, which I think is what really creeps me out about them. They are very beautiful, but they would be cold to the touch, non moving, and sometimes the way their skin and eyes are painted are the same hues of that if a baby had just passed away... its horrible to think of.. I could never touch one. It would make me :cry:

ditto

That documentary was called 'My Fake Baby' with the woman who had one made of her grandson and then the woman who went to the US and the doll was broken and she sent it back.It was creepy. Anyone that would also pay £400 for one for their kid is mad as well!

i hate the look of them, it looks like it will get up and start moving in the middle of the night!

scones said:
That documentary was called 'My Fake Baby' with the woman who had one made of her grandson and then the woman who went to the US and the doll was broken and she sent it back.It was creepy. Anyone that would also pay £400 for one for their kid is mad as well!
Its only the re-born ones that are so expensive, my daughters was £100 but it was a sentimental thing, it is called 'Jazmine goes to grandmas' and my daughter is called Jazmine and her grandma died a couple of years ago when Jaz was 12, they were very close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back