is it implantation bleeding? help please

LittleMissSunshine

Reaction score
Hi. could anyone tell me roughly how long after conception implantation bleeding occurs and how long it usually lasts for? i've just had a bleed after missing 2pills and having sex the following night. the bleed started on thursday and conception would have been tuesday night. the bleed seems to already be stopping, it was reasonably heavy yesterday, like my usual flow but very light today. could it be an implantation bleeding? it started 2 days after conception... if i am pregnant at all.

:wave:

IB is normally 7-10 days after ovulation and by what I have read it is not really a bleed a lot of women only notice the pinky brownish blood when they wipe.

Good Luck
:hug:

Im fairly new to all this myself, but I think it depends on when during your cycle you had unprotected sex. If you are on a 28day cycle you would ovulate approximately 14 days after the first day of your last period.
HTH
Nicola
xxxx

If you only missed 2 pills then started taking them again I think it's more likely to have been a 'breakthrough' bleed than IB to be honest.

When I was on the pill and on the weeks break from taking them I would get my 'period' about 2 days after stopping the pill for the weeks break. So I'm guessing that if you've only missed 2 days then the 'bleed' could have been the start of your period but because you started the pill again after the 2 missed ones it stopped it from coming properly.

Did that make sense?

skairdykat said:
If you only missed 2 pills then started taking them again I think it's more likely to have been a 'breakthrough' bleed than IB to be honest.

Yes I agree, on the very odd times I missed a pill, I occasionally got a very slight breakthrough bleed!

EllieBelle said:
skairdykat said:

Yes I agree, on the very odd times I missed a pill, I occasionally got a very slight breakthrough bleed!

Me too if I missed any pills I would get a bleed for a couple of days so I would say its this rather and an IB as others have said

Skairdy is 100% on this one... also I was on the pill for years and if i missed 2 pills or more I would start to get AF. Recently I was told to go on the pill by our clinic (don't ask!) and then told to stop and after 2 days my period started to show, then I was told to take the pill again and it started to subside. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back