Is anyone else still sick in the second trimester?

Toria

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am 16 weeks today and still feeling unbelievably sick. I can't believe it hasn't gone away yet. When I was pregnant with my son (now 21 months), the nausea stopped at about 11 weeks. This time, I've been nauseous all day every day since 5 weeks and being physically sick as well since about 9 weeks. It's pure misery.

I feel like I have tried every recommended suggestion for morning sickness relief and, as nothing has worked, I did get a week's prescription of Stemetil from the Dr a couple of weeks ago. That did help. I only still felt sick when hungry and in the evenings but life certainly felt a bit more normal and I was able to spend some quality time with my son. I wasn't physically sick at all. Trouble is, I feel guilty taking medication so I decided not to get anymore and see if the problem was going to go away on it's own.

I really feel fed up. I didn't even manage to get through typing this post without being sick, it's awful. Anyone got any advice? Anyone else feeling like this?

I'd appreciate any advice.

I cant help much but just wanted to say your not alone!! Im still feeling sick alot of the time :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh hun :( the sickness is awful isnt it. I still feel sick now but only occasionally... if i have my scarf on too tight and its against my throat (an odd one i know :lol: ) if i get too hot or tired it makes me feel sick..same with hunger. I did stop being physically sick at 17 weeks though which made things easier :) I do sympathise though as its not pleasant, and you have another LO to look after too.

I hope it starts to ease soon... i know other ladies i've spoken to have experienced it at 16 and then 18 weeks as there is a growth spurt apparently and then its died down again to normal.

Bekie

no advice im afraid just lots of :hug: :hug:

if you find a way of stopping it , please let me know! i was sure it'd be gone by 20 weeks but apparently not

I was still feeling sick all the time and being sick up to around 18-19 weeks. I still have times where I get sick now I think it gets worse with each pregnancy to be honest :hug: :hug: :hug:

hope you feel better soon :hug: :hug:
i was sick on and off in 1st tri, 2nd tri was fine and now ive been sick in the mornings all this week :(

I still feel nauseous but not 24/7 now thank goodness, I'm 16 weeks and was expecting it to stop around 12 weeks but alas it didnt. I find it very difficult brushing my teeth especially the back teeth without heaving. It's awful, I don't have any remedies for you but please know your not alone :hug:

still stupidly sick over here! but im able to keep food down better now. i still have days where im lucky if i can keep water down and then others (like yesterday) where i can keep down a kfc meal and have no issues.

its not got any better for me - i think ive just got used to it :wall:

i was never this bad with alice - i recon i just get sick when carrying boys! :think:

Hi :wave: :wave: I'm still feeling sick at 17 weeks. it has improved a bit, some days i feel great, but some days in the morning i'm still quite poorly. i'm with you in this!!!!! :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back