Is a hippy name ok if it's a middle name?

CarlyD

Reaction score
I really love 'Rain' for a girls middle name... Will she hate me for it? Lol xxx

I don't mind it even for a first name xxx

My cousin wanted to call her daughter Summer Rain but got talked out of it....I think it's nice for either first or middle tbh

i like it, my friend is lorraine, and her family call her rain for short.

Thanks guys! The name I'm thinking of having is Maci Rain :) xx

I think maci rain is lovely.

Have to say i wouldnt be so keen on summer rain thou.
xx

I prefer 'hippy' names, my friend called her daughter Merrily Rainbow and I love it lol!!

It would be good for a first or 2nd name I think xxx

if i had the guts to give my child a far out name id be going with greek or viking goddesses. terpsichore, atalanta or hera. freya or fenrir for a boy too lol. so many cool greek names if you read mythology.

We were thinking of Freya as one of our girls names, I did suggest atalanta but hubby wasn;t too impressed, I don;t htink he minds 'weird' names and is happy with some of them but he doesn;t like them all!! which is fair enough

coming from a VERY hippy family, hippy names are second nature to me :) i cant stand all the americanised names many people seem to be using atm!

some names for ya, and I personally know at lest one person called them!

ocean, zebedee, zenith, raven, merlin, araminta, rowan! I also know a guy that's named after a greek god but for the life of me cant remember what it is!

loving your choice of Maci Rain :)

I like Rain, and I don't think it's all that unusual nowadays. I know a leila sunshine!!!

I think maci rain is lovely! Neither r common names so they stuck out but they r gorg!!

I would probably call my son Phoenix if i wasnt so hippy, i know that sounds crazy but because we live on site for some of the year, go to loads of festivals and what not, it would just feel like absolutely playing up to the stereo-type!

so i went for Jasper, which is a lovely name and slightly hippy (its a stone) and will have a girl called Ivy-Mae which is also discretely hippy ;)

thor or odin are the most common male norse god names

Thank you all for your kind words ladies! Looks like I've got a bit of convincing to do with DH but he's agreed to consider it! Yay! Find out the sex next saturday, he's now hoping it's a boy cos we've been agreed on that one since day 1! Xx

Hey hun I worked with a girl called Raine she was lovely xx

If we have a girl, her names going to be destiny anwen river. love unusual names myself 2 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back