Introduction and advice needed :(

paddypuma

Reaction score
I just realised that i've posted here a few times and I haven't actually introduced myself :)

Hi all! :wave:

I'm Jo, i'm and i'm living in Edinburgh with my OH Gavin. Have been TTC for a month or so now but at the moment, wondering whether or not to keep trying. Would any of you ladies be willing to offer some advice?

This might sound odd, but I have pretty much no close female friends!! I've always been pretty tom-boyish and found myself getting on better with guys than girls. So, it's been difficult for me to talk to anyone about having babies and how my life will change, as I don't know anyone that has had kids - apart from my mum.

My mum is great but she worries constantly about me. I know - even though i'm 27!! She raised my brother and me on her own and went to hell and back trying to scrape money together for us. When I mentioned that me and OH were thinking about TTC, she panicked and told me that we couldn't afford a child, we weren't ready and that it would be harder than I think!!

Now, I know she had it tough, but our situation is different and I thought we we're ready... however, her words have actually put doubt in mind and slightly alienated my OH.

I know most of you will say 'follow your heart' but it really is hard when a parent isn't 100% behind you...

Did any of you ladies have similar situations? How did you handle it?

Hiya

This is weird advice to give, but don't listen to your mom :oops: If you wait till you're "ready" you will NEVER have a child.
When I got pregnant with my first I was living in Thailand working as a scuba instructor. We had to come back to England with NOTHING no money, no job, nowhere to live.
Things have a way of working themselves out, you will always find money for food etc, because thats the way it goes.

I have to admit i never listened to my mum, im her youngest child and i wouldnt have kids if i took her advice..
Its case of getting by when you have a child and you will find a way to get through things, with or without your mom!

:wave: :wave: :wave:
If I had listened to my mum I wouldnt have my gorgeous little man so Im SO glad I didnt!!!!

hey welcome to the forum
hun i dont think no one knows if there truely ready and to tell u the truth i deffo wasnt i was 17 wen i fell with Braydon and i was so immature i had to do alot of growing up in very little time
but now i could not be happier i love my lil boy more than nething
lots of people told me how hard it is etc and dont get me wrong sometimes it is hard but then for every 5 mins of hard work there is 20 mins of pride and happiness of ur child
do wot u want hun no one can tell u wot u want

Thanks for the replies girls :)

I read my first post back to myself and I cringed. It sounds like i'm a little kid worried about what my mum will think of me! It's not that I do everything she says, it's just that we've always been so close..and I trust her. She just wants more for me than she had when she was my age.

At the end of the day though, my OH and I want to have a little version of us and even though my mum is worried for me, I know she'll support me.

You've no idea how good it feels to have you guys here to talk to!! So, thanks :D

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

OH and I haven't told anyone else about TTC, I know my Mum will fuss loads :roll: I'm sure your Mum will love it when she knows a grandchild is on the way :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back