Internet fraud

*Star*

Reaction score
Well I got done. I checked my bank online this morning before we went out for the day for Mark's birthday. I have most of my main bills come out today, like council tax, car insurance, phone bills etc etc. Well also with all them bill was two paypal transactions one for £120 and another for £130. Now I haven't paid for anything with paypal for ages, and definatly not for that amount of money! So of course, someone has got hold of my details from paypal and decided to help themselves to my money. I rang the bank, and after being on hold for ages to their fraud team, they told me to contact paypal. But in the mean time, my bank would cancel my card.

So I ring paypal and they had already flagged the transactions up as being fraudulent (as they were made from a different computer), and they had blocked my paypal account so that nothing else can be taken via that. At the moment, I don't have the money in my account BUT the money didn't make it's way over to the person who 'stole' it. It's on its way back into my account, but it could take up to 30 days for that to happen.

So yes, I'm really annoyed and I will cancel my paypal account and take my details off there, but I am so glad that their fraud team is on the ball and stopped the money going into the fraudster's bank account.

gosh them teams are really on the ball arnt they.

glad your getting your money back, just hope its sooner rather than later, not what you need atm is it lol. :hug: :hug:

My credit card got done just as I was in hospital having Mhairi. Some wee twerp spent 2000 on itunes, some college book shop, and mobile phones. I was soooo sparkood after Mhairi that I looked at the account TWICE and thought "Oh well, must have spent it!" :oops:

But my bank emailed me and asked me to call them, which I did and it was all sorted out!

We slag off banks all the time, but, on odd occassions they do come through for us!

xxx

Emmmm yip! :oops:

That's what child birth does for you! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

xxx

My OH dad just had somebody taking money out his bank in Germany :? Its all happeneing at the local Murco petrol station its about the 5th this week WE know about and the police closed them down last night because all the staff are under suspition of selling on peoples card details :evil:

Glad it's getting sorted.

My OH bought something from an online shop in Ireland, ordered something from the USA, we went to Holland and spent money at home in the space of a week. The bank automatically stopped his card and called him up because they thought he'd been across the world in the space of a few days which was unusual for him! :lol:

My card got cloned locally and they bought a Ps3 and games in the Bullring.

I got it all back though. The stupid shop assistant let the sign not use a pin AND he used his loyalty card for the purchase too which showed up on the transaction and he got fired :lol:
I've always wondered if it was actually him who cloned my card. :think:

I got done in October last year - £2170!!!!! Got it all back though!

ouch! i didn't realise i was such a common thing!
i just checked my bank online and the money has been credited back to my account!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back