Info you may not have known

Mama 2 Be

Reaction score
Afternoon girls :wave:

As you may know we were due to take delivery of a sofa from the Land of Leather two days after they went under. Well over a month on and several phonecalls we were told our sofa was just waiting release then we could have it. On Friday we had a letter saying that the genius' at LOL (that's their email address! :lol: ) were unable to give us our sofa over 4 months after we ordered it and being as our deposit was unsecured (paid £150 on debit card) as a good will gesture they would give us 7 days to go into a LOL store and pick another sofa which providing it was over £1050 they would give us £150 discount! How kind of them to give us our deposit back against ANOTHER sofa and call it a discount. :clap: :clap: Bravo LOL :clap: :clap: :shakehead:

Anyhoo, at the bottom of the letter it casually mentioned that if the debit card we paid on was a VISA card that we would be able to get the money back. After trying to vent at LOL (luckily for them they were shut :twisted: ) I rang the bank who confirmed this WAS the case and is giving us the money back!

So if you get shafted by a company but have paid for something on a VISA debit card the credit card rules apply and you can claim the money back through your bank!

Just thought I'd share with anyone who didn't know that like I didn't. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back