Infection incomplete miscarriage

Stellbert

Reaction score
I’ve been regularly reading posts on this forum but haven’t posted that much. I’ve struggled emotionally and physically since first finding out I had a missed miscarriage. Had no idea just how traumatic this experience could be until it happened to me.

First emergency scan on 16th Feb showed bean was only 6 weeks when I thought I was almost 12. Second scan on 23rd confirmed miscarriage. Booked for surgery on 27th but naturally started miscarrying just two days before, so this got cancelled (massively upset and struggled so much as really didn’t want the natural option at all). Intense cramping and heavy bleeding for at least ten days. Bleeding and mild cramping continued for another week or so which worried me a little but I thought it was just normal. 3 weeks later pregnancy test showed negative do I assumed all was well and things would begin to normalise. Just this week I experienced a sudden onset of flu-like symptoms which made my dh worry I had sepsis (he’s a nurse). A call to NHS Direct, a 3am trip to an out of hours GP and a third scan confirmed I still have some placenta tissue left 4 weeks after the miscarriage started, so I now have an infection too. Pain continues as does the bleeding. I’m on antibiotics and have surgery on Tuesday to hopefully bring this whole awful experience to a final end and give me some proper closure.

Has anyone else been through anything like this? I’ve not read anything similar or anyone’s experience of having an infection. I know it’s different for everyone but I’m finding it so difficult to get through this because it just feels never ending at the moment.

So sorry for what you are going through. As if the emotional part of a miscarriage isn't enough the physical part seems like a kick in the teeth while you are down. When it goes on for a long time it feels like a constant reminder that won't let you start the healing process.

I had complications during my MC and had a serious hemorrhage. Then the MC took several weeks to complete. I was keen to avoid the surgical option personally and my MW said she thought it was okay to wait a little longer but told me to keep a careful look out for signs of infection like a temperature, fluey symptoms or bad smelling discharge. Thankfully I never developed an infection.

I really hope your surgery and recovery go well. MC changes you forever, you will never forget but the overwhelming sadness does fade with time. Huge hugs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back