Infant Gaviscon and Powder Dispensers

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
This doesn't quite fit into the reflux or bottle feeding sticky... :think:

I use the tommee tippee powder dispensers and Evie has also been prescribed infant gaviscon. If I am out for a day should I take sachets with me and add them to her milk after I have mixen and shaken it or can I add the gaviscon sachets to her formula in the TT pots and mix it all together at the same time?! :think:

x

i add summers gaviscon to her bottles as im making them up but i asked the doc and he told me i could also do it after

BeckyJ said:
i add summers gaviscon to her bottles as im making them up but i asked the doc and he told me i could also do it after

Do you make your bottles up fresh? I make the boiling water up in advance and then add powder as and when I need it but I'm not sure if the gaviscon can be stored in the TT pots for say 6 hours if I am out all day :think: do they need to be kept sterile?

A friend of mine adds the Gav to the formula (in powder form), then puts it in the TT pots. And whacks it all in the water when she needs it.

Thats what id do too, measure out the powder in the TT pot, then poor in the Gav. I dnt spose it matters much tho...

i make about 4 bottles up at a time and then put them in the fridge and use them when i need them

I also use the tommee tippee powder dispensers and i put gaviscon in them and take them out all day, think its okay

what are the tommee tippee powder dispensers? sorry to sound thick :oops:

closer-to-nature-formula-dispenser_l.jpg

they hold the powder in the top of the bottle so you can make up a fresh bottle out and about x

i put the gaviscon in with the milk powder and add it all together when im out

I also put it in with the formula in the pot. Just be aware it doesn't dissolve as well at room temperature - if you don't shake it enough it will sit as sediment on the bottom of the bottle.

When I used Tommee Tippee bottles, I used to put the Gaviscon in the dispenser with the formula powder. xxx

I used to have the same dispensers and put the gaviscon in with the powder in the dispenser at first (incase I forgot to get a sachet out when Im out and about) but when he went though his 9oz of milk phase and it just fit in the dispenser I couldnt get the sachets in cause the lid wouldnt go on properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back