• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Induction booked for....

KJL

Reaction score
this friday :cheer: :dance: :clap: The hospital called this morning and confirmed that I need to come in on Friday evening at 6pm and they will give me the first pessary and then again the morning etc. I'm quite pleased it's friday as although I'm anxious and desperate for it to be sooner, it at least gives me a few more days to possibly go into labour naturally. My sis is a bit annoyed as it's her B/day on fri :roll: and she was planning a party on sat night :roll: My dad had tickets to football on sat and he's also moaning...it's all in jest though and I know they are all super-duper excited! My 90 yr old grandpa is going into hospital today for major surgery so I am pleased that at least I'll be able to go visit him before sprog arrives and I'll be going in for my induction knowing that he's in the clear.

Anyone offer any avice on the induction or what I can expect etc so I am prepared :think:

Hi KJL,

Fantastic news about the induction - you'll be meeting your baby really really soon :cheer:

I'm afraid I don't have any medical advice to give so I'll leave that to the others but will still read the advice as it seems most people on here end up with inductions!!

Best of luck hun xxx

hope it all starts for you before then, but at least you know you're gonna have your baby by the weekend!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

good luck doll ! lets hope you pop before then.....but even if you don't you have such a great attitude that i reckon you'll sail through it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

good luck!!!!!! i was induced at 37weeks but because my body wasnt ready for labour i have to have 4 pessarys it took 4days to get me in to labour the best advice i can give you is keep active and get bouncing on the birth ball!!!! i spent an hour on it and my waters broke that night!!!!!i believe that really helped me!! to get things moving!!!

thanks guys, I am so happy to know the end is in sight :D This forum has been such a comfort and honestly helped with the depression over the last few weeks...I said to my hubby last night that they three things that have got me through the past few wks have been:

1. My pets
2. My Bath
3. This Forum :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

he wanted to know where he came in?! :rotfl:

samandbump said:
good luck!!!!!! i was induced at 37weeks but because my body wasnt ready for labour i have to have 4 pessarys it took 4days to get me in to labour the best advice i can give you is keep active and get bouncing on the birth ball!!!! i spent an hour on it and my waters broke that night!!!!!i believe that really helped me!! to get things moving!!!

Thanks for the advice, I am pleased to hear that you managed to deliver naturally even though your body wasn't ready for labour as I've been stressing about this. My body is ready enough but my Dr. has pre-warned me that the risk of a c-section increases to 20% when you are induced as the body may not be 100% ready for labour. I was dreading this happening but I have heard of so many people recently who have had inductions and been fine. My mum had three inductions and delivered us all naturally.

Good luck - hope it all goes well! A couple of my friends were induced after there waters broke and it was only a few hours before the baby arrived - hope it works out like this for you.

Try to enjoy your last few days before baby arrives - to keep your mind off it you could spend your time doing things which will be difficult with a new baby such as having your hair done, book a pedicure, lay in the bath for hours and eat lots of choc!

Katie Ann said:
Try to enjoy your last few days before baby arrives - to keep your mind off it you could spend your time doing things which will be difficult with a new baby such as having your hair done, book a pedicure, lay in the bath for hours and eat lots of choc!

Thanks, I'm def of the same frame of mind :D Just called my sis as she's a manicurist and have told her I'm coming round today for a pedicure and a manicure. I think I may book a facial tomorrow and have my hair trimmed too. I def need to keep busy or I'll go bonkers waiting for fri to come around :wall:

That's great news! You'll soon have your LO.

I will probably be induced for the third time :wall: on Tuesday (a week tomorrow) if nothing happens this week. Having another sweep on Wednesday.

Induction is not that bad. My first ended in c-section but I had my second naturally and so I am really hoping to start myself off this time but nothing is working! I may have to reconsider the castor oil! :puke:

That's great news hun...and remember, your pain relief options are your choice - don't feel pressured or bullied into doing or NOT doing anything you want :hug: :hug:

Hooray, not long to go now, it must be lovely knowing ou will ahve your little one by the weekend.

:cheer: :cheer:

How exciting!! Thats fab news babe. Like others have said, make the most of the next few days of peace and quiet!! And get plenty of rest so your as ready as you can be for the whole birth experience!

Your gonna meet your lickle baby very soon!!

:hug: :cheer: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back