important suncream update

Em78

Reaction score
Hi i know there was a thread on this a while ago but i was just watching this morning and they had some important imformation about the rating of suncream.

not only should you look for a high factor (ie 30/40) you should also look for how many stars for uva protection it has. the more stars the better.

so for example mine is nivea for kids - factor 40 and 4 four stars. (think 5 is highest stars) so they said thats pretty good. they used mine as an example on the show.

so glad i saw this though as i had no idea about the star rating and it was pure fluke that i got a good one. :?

the star info seems to be on the back of the bottles.

xxxx

thank you for advice didn't know all that. the way the weather is at the mo dont think we will be getting any sun cream :roll:

Our country is so bad at giving out info about sun protection. I know we don't have great weather but when it is sunny I see so many burnt people (ouch). I remeber in Australia it was so difficult to buy anything under factor 30 and it was so much cheaper. Plus you has people on the beaches offering you a top up on your suncream.

Iv never even noticed stars on suncream before, do all suncreams have a star rating and where do I look for the stars? thansk for the info hun.

iv got the same as u EM so glad its a good one cost n arm n leg but all for me lil man

why is it so expensive? it's a right rip off, but you have to have it :x

Kim said:
why is it so expensive? it's a right rip off, but you have to have it :x

I don't think you should have to pay VAT on it as it is something that is necessary, like tampons and sanitory towels...... :evil:

Glad it was useful info!

Lauz the stars on mine are on the back. its in a circle, says uva then has the stars. easy to miss if you werent looking for it though :?

i agree its really badly done here. like sarah it was pure luck that i got a high star rated one.

thank goodness for philip and fern letting us know! bummer they didnt pick me for their win £5k cash & £5k debenhams vouchers contest though! imagine £5k to spend on lovely debenhams kids clothes :D

lets hope we get some sun to use it now!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back