• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Implantation bleeding?

Reaction score
Hi i am so scared and i really need advise. I have doen a pregnancy test (Clearblue ) and it says that I am pregnant . (thick blue cross), However i have started to bleed - light dark reddish colour, and not as heavy as period. I am scared and i phoned the doc and he said that he cant see me for another two weeks - he wants me to relax and take things easy, and do another test next week. He says it could be implantation bleeding or early signs of a miscarraige. I am so scared - i want this baby, and I am worried now. Please help, I dont know what to do.

Try not to worry firstly, bleeding during the first trimester affects as many as one in five women. And I can be something perfectly normal. One question is have you had sex the evening beofore the bleeding started, if so this can be cervical errosion and nothing to worry about. So long as you are not having any pain the outlook is good. Like your doctor says try to relax and take it easy.

Hi Thank you for the message - i have not had sex for the last two weeks as my partner is in Australia. I am very worried, as this is not the cause of my bleeding. I want tthis baby but i am so worried that I am bleeding too. I am not in any pain, just fel sick. It is all a bit toom uch for me as I only did the test this morning (blue cross line showed) and then i am spotting. It is not like a normal period but I am woried esp as my doc wont see me for two weeks.

The reasone your doctor wont see you yet is because at this early stage there is nothing that he can do. Once you hit 6 weeks there is a good chance of being able to see something on the scan. The bleeding can ba caused by a number of things, normally a miscarrage is accompanied by pain and the bleeding will become heavier and you will pass clots. It may just be that your body isnt quite producing enough HCG hormone for you body to stop trying to shed some of its lining. If it is worst case senario and you are MC dont worry this happens to 1 in 4 pregnancies, it doesnt mean that anything is wrong with you, and if anything is at least a possitive sign that at least you know that your ovulating and your partner and you are both clearly fertile so should have no problems conceving in the future. But like I said bleeding can be completly fine, there are plently of women on this forum who have had early bleeding in their pregnancies and gone on to have healthy normal babies.

I am roughly four weeks, I have been down an emergeny wlak in clinic and they have stated the same as doctor - it is now a waiting game but i am realy woreid. I do not want to miscarr, I want to keep the baby. Please help - anyone else had this problem and what does it mean? Thank you!

worried and scared said:
I am roughly four weeks, I have been down an emergeny wlak in clinic and they have stated the same as doctor - it is now a waiting game but i am realy woreid. I do not want to miscarr, I want to keep the baby. Please help - anyone else had this problem and what does it mean? Thank you!

I am really sorry to hear your having to go through this, but it sounds like the only thing you can do is wait right now, although its easier said then done, try not to get too worked about it as that isnt going to help the calmer you can stay the beter for the baby. As others have said some people do bleed abit durring pregnancy, hope everything works out for you, keep us updated! :hug:

could it be an implantation bleed? are you still bleeding?

it is app four weeks. I have not stopped bleeding - it is a dark redish brownie colour and no clots. It has been going on all day. Worried!

You have my sympathy, I had spotting in the first trimester that lasted from week 6 to week 12. I'll never forget the turmoil I went through with it all.

I had brown discharge as though it was the end of a period, this would sometimes also contain browny reddy discharge too. I had this every day, somedays quite a lot of it.

Then one day I got up for work and had a proper red bleed like a period. I was inconsolable. We got an early scan as a result and thankfully, we could see the yok sak and another blob.

I was convinced I was losing my baby. But I never at any time experienced any stomach pains/cramps or had any clots. The midwives at the EPAU said that if I was miscarrying I would have a lot of blood and there would be clots and I would have had stomach pains.

If you're not experiencing any of that, try and take that as a positive.

I won't tell you to try and relax because there's no way that you'll be able to until this stops or you get an early scan.

It's only once you speak to people that you realise just how many people have also had spotting in the early weeks of pregnancy.

I also had an implantation bleed but this only lasted for one day just before my period was due.

Stay positive hun.

Hi, I just wanted to say thank you for all your messages of support. I have not bleed through the night or today as of yet, and have not been or felt any pain or feeling crampy, (touchwood!) but last night there was one tiny clot in my blood. Is this anything to worry about? After this I stopped bleeding etc.. and woke up this morning and feeling fine. Sorry to go on about this but I dont want to lose my baby. Thankyou for being there when a woman needs it most!

i dont really know what to suggest? are you too scared to take another test?

This is certainly good news if the bleeding has stoped already. I would suggest doing another PG test to see if your HCG hormone levels are still up.

Hi, I have taken your advise and taken another preg test, the results are....... It is still positive!!!! Woo wooo!! So i hope that I will have no more complications or bleeding etc, and all things will go smooth sailing for the next 2 weeks till i see the dr! Fingers crossed!! i am so glad that i did that PG Test, thank you.

Hooray! that great news. I think if you were miscarrying at this stage your hormone levels wouldnt have been that high and would be dropping by now. When I had my MC at 4 weeks, once the bleeding stopped I the midwife did a PG test and it came back neg. So chin up girl, just hang on in there for a couple more weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back