Immunisation - your experiences please *UPDATED PAGE 2*

laetitia85

Reaction score
Kenzo's imms are tomorrow. What can I expect?

- Did your LO get fever straight away, that night or a few days later?

- Do they cry a lot when temperature goes up?

- do they actually feel pain?

- How long does the fever last for?

- do you give Calpol straight away or do you wait for temp to go up?

I'm very anxious. :cry: thanks

Hi, i do not know if we were just very lucky but Charlotte didn't get a fever, was totally fine and normal afterwards. She only screamed when they gave her the injections and sooner settled afterwards.

Good luck and try not to worry too much (even though i did too!) :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Laetitia. I think we have been lucky as well. Maya didn't get a fever after both her immunisations, she was a bit sleepy and off her food for a day or so but no temperature or crying. The HV advised us to give her Calpol anyway, right after the immunisation but I hate this approach so didn't give any. Had she any fever I would have given her Calpol but not "just in case" :shock:

Good luck tomorrow and try not to cry yourself when you hear him crying. :hug: I felt awful, it was the first time I had heard her crying and screaming so much! :( :cry:

charlotte screamed the place down.. and 4 hrs later she had temp and screamed for hrs all night had to take her for a walk in the pram at 3am..

i think every baby must react differently..good luick im dreading it

Glenn was fine after them all, no temperature or anything, but he screamed after the very last one poor little thing he was sobbing, it made me upset seeing him so distraught, he never cries so thats the worse thing for me seing him in pain.x

Cara was fine with all hers, didn't get a temp or anything. She was a little grumpy after the first set but that's it.

thanks for all your testimonies :D i didn't know some babies didn't get temperature at all.

I felt the same before Adam got his.

Adam, screamed the place down but was fine after a couple of mins.

It was around 6 hours after that he became very grumpy, and 11 hours after we woke to him crying quite badly. We took his temp and it was 38.7 so we gave him some Calpol and a bath. It worked great and were all sleeping again within the hour.

The next 2 days, he was a little off his food, more sleepy and slightly more sicky after a feed.

He's back to normal now. :D Not looking forward to doing it all again next month.

I'm sure he will be fine. xxx

Finn didn;t have a fever. He slept through them pretty much!!! Kept munching on his dummy apart from a little whimper with the second one. That evening it came up in a bit of a bruise and a bump but he was fine.

He was fine for the second lot too. I'm dreading the 3rd lot at the beginning of March - he has to have 3!

OMG CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW MANY TIMES MY CUTIE PIE WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS????

YOU'RE ALL TALKING ABOUT "FIRST, SECOND, THIRD TIME....."

HOW MANY IMMUNISATION JABS CAN A BABY POSSIBLY TAKE :shock: :shock: :shock:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

they have 3 lots in the first 5 months then nothing until they are 1 year old.x

They have 2 jabs at 2 months, 2 at 3 months and 3 at 4 months. The next lot are at 13 months I think.

Mhairi was fine 1st and 2nd time, I gave her calpol straight after her first one, and then didn't bother the 2nd time.

3rd set....totally different. Not sure if it's coz they give them all 3 jabs instead of 2, but she was awfully grumpy from the Thursday she got them till the Monday.

I don't know if it's just a Scottish thing, but if you register Kenzo at your local chemist then you can get things like calpol free. Think it's called the minor ailments scheme.

Good luck for tomorrow, yes they scream, but mummy cuddles always help!

xxx

Imogen was fine through all of them, she was in more pain with the third ones though when they were being done due to 3 jabs!!!!

But with calpol cuddles and sleep she was fine and experienced no adverse reactions.

Update:

Just to let everyone know. It went really well. Kenzo only cried during the injections for like 30 seconds then he was fine all day, all night.

thanks to everyone who replied! :hug:

sorry i hadnt replied, but wouldve told u melissa reacted exactly the same way kenzo did! glad he's well :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back