• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm sure it's nit just me....

Lynseysg

Reaction score
So, I got my positive test, last Monday, just before Christmas..... After 4 tests it sunk in.

I left it a few days then called the hospital to make my first appointment. The receptionist made my apt for this coming Friday morning. I've no idea what will happen at the apt but its all very exciting!

I have not had many symptoms at all other than sore nipples, feel bloated and tired. I started thinking to myself what if I'm not pregnant and I go Friday and waste peoples time!!! So I had to pop out and spend more money on a Preg test just to make sure! It was a definate positive......phew....... No more testing!!!!

Deffo not just you hun. I tested 2 more times after getting my positive! I think i just wanted to make sure i wasn't dreaming. Plus i had spare digi's and first response anyway so thought hey waste not want not :). It's good for reassurance anyway. And don't worry about symptoms, everyone is different as i'm sure you know. My sickness kicked in about 6 weeks and is only starting to get a wee bit less now! Still get the boke though :-(.
Hope you have a H&H 9 months hun! x

Hey hun I was the same. I tested 3 days early using a predictor test. I peed, and took it in front room and looked and nothing and thought oh well (prob 20 seconds) then waited a minute had a look and couldn't believe my eyes there was a pink line!!! I was like no way!! I then rushed out and got 2x clearblue digital and 2x first response and watched like a hawk! And there they were pregnant 1-2 weeks and a line on the fr!! I then used the spare tests the next day to check again! Lol! :) I musta spent a good £30 quid that day to convince myself! Xx

Congratulations! Which department at the hospital did you ring and what is your first appointment for? I have just found out I am 4 weeks pregnant and have a phone appointment with the doctor today but didn't think I would see a midwife etc until about 12 weeks??

Hi Ray, I just got my midwife appt date and its next week, I should be about 10 weeks, and my first scan is the week after that :). The first thing you should do is see your GP and they'll probably do a pregnancy test and then refer you to a midwife. If you have had complications before they may make appt's happen early for you. All the best x

Thanks for the reassurance girls!!

I live in Singapore so I think things may be different here. I called the dr explained and she said that all she wd do is do a test and refer me to hospital.... So they just gave me the number and I made my own apt. I explained I was only 4 weeks and a few days at that point and the receptionist then booked me in for an apt..... No idea what they will do but I'll let u know!
Xx

Good luck - I've to hand in my FMU to doctor today cos a week ago today I had my BFP and went to doctor and they said I was too early for result to show on the tests they use at hospital as only about 50mIU.

First midwife appointment is booking in appointment where they take all your details, family history etc....

Tracey x

Last edited:
Than you!!!

I'm a little nervous but excited too!!! Just makes it all a bit more real!!

Congratulations Tracey!!!
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back